Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Con2er Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
For some time now whenever I start the car and take off I would feel a slight shudder in my clutch after about 5ft then it was gone. In the last couple of days when ever I start the car the ABS light is coming on and going off after the shudder. This only happens after the car has been turned off and turned on again. I thought I had read once that it was some sort of self check the system performed on itself, but I did some searching and couldn't find it. Maybe I am mistaken.

98 T-Red SVT #540 98 T-Red GL ATX (Family Truckster)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You are correct, it's the dynamic self-test you are experiencing and are seeing failing.

You'll need to have the ABS codes pulled with an ABS-capable scan-tool. These scan tools are not in your local auto parts stores, so you'll need to either locate a well-equipped shop (call around) or take it to a dealer for diagnosis.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard