Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
As many people have said cut any and all soda out of your diet. This with any cardio workout will give you the results you need without major dieting. When it comes to cardio workout your heart rate is the biggest factor in weight lose and endurance. The longer you can keep your heart rate high the better. I probably missed it if you said your weight and age but this will determine really what you need to keep your heart rate at. Three years ago i gave up soda and started running about 4 miles just about everyday. In that four mile run in the begining my heart rate would soar upwards 200 and damn did i drop the weight and fast. Now after a 8 mile run my heart rate runs about 160 on average. I would recommend that you try keeping your heart rate at about 180 for about 20 minutes and if you are out of shape in anyway a 5k run at about 5 mph pace would most definately do it for you. Besides it would help you get ready for your P.T. test. But understand as you develop more strength and endurace you will have to quicken your pace to keep your heart rate high.

Long story short get your heart rate high as fast as you can and keep it there as long as you can. The rest will take care of itself.

On another note soda is one of the most harmfull things anybody can put in there body. When i tell someone i haven't had soda in 3 yrs they can't believe it but go buy a fountain drink from bk or mcdonalds or something let it set out without drinking it on your counter at home within 24 hrs it would have almsot eatin through your cup. You can put bleach in the same type of cup and it takes twice as long to eat through.

steppin off soap box and going to bed

joel

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
soda is acidic, big deal. so is tomato juice. milk is basic. the biggest reason soda is bad is because it has so much sugar, just cause it can "eat through a cup in 2-3 days" doesn't mean squat. it'll be in your stomach for a matter of hours, IF that, and your stomach isn't a cheap mcD's cup.

soda's bad for you, but there's stuff people eat on a daily basis that's 100x worse

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Ok name some for me please! There is almost absolutly nothing in soda that is healthy to consume in the amount most do. So please give me something else that has more calories per serving, total fat per serving total carb per serving, and total cholest per serving. When you do post something we will also look at the amount someone eats on a daily basis of it, on average.

And for me, if something can eat through a cup regardless of how cheap it may be i will not put it in my body.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
How does your theory apply to deot soda's?

Not much of anything is absorbed by your body with those.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by mysticalillusion:
And for me, if something can eat through a cup regardless of how cheap it may be i will not put it in my body.

You do of course realize that it has nothing to do with the acid or any other ingredient, and that it's wax breaking down in liquid combined with a VERY THIN paper cup that causes it to be "eaten through," right?

I've sat wax fast food cups full of WATER out overnight and had the same thing happen.

It doesn't change the fact that soda isn't good for you, but your example is flawed.

Back OT, I lost about 10lbs in a week and a half on South Beach. and have kept most of it off since. I dropped to 185 last fall and am still there now.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
If you can't let completely go of soda that is the best route to go. And honestly give up soda for a couple months and then go to diet soda and the transition will not be hard at all. The diet soda tastes pretty good after you haven't had regular soda for a while. But after drinkin diet for awhile i went back to no soda and i felt 100 times better after i gave it up as well.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by mysticalillusion:
And honestly give up soda for a couple months and then go to diet soda and the transition will not be hard at all. The diet soda tastes pretty good after you haven't had regular soda for a while.

So true. I did that and I am addicted to Diet Coke now. Before I couldn't drink a sip of it!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
i didn't use water in my experiment i will redo it tonight. i measured the time it took for bleach, coke, and gas to eat through the cup at about 70 degrees room temperature. It would have been good to use something nuetral. I will also use milk this time so i have a base in the equation as well. But i would bet that the gas goes first then coke then bleach which is what i got before. Then i wouldn't be able to guess which will win between water or milk. but it may be just the cheaper paper wax cup breakin down but the certain products you put in it will make it break down faster.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Yeah i couldn't believe diet soda could actually taste good till after i gave regular soda up for awhile. Diet dr pepper actually tastes alot like regular after you do this, lol.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by proliphik:
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight) so i'm gonna start eating salads all day like i did before but any other help on how to do it faster would be helpful since i work in a cubefarm it's difficult to do activities during the day, i know i can walk up and down the stairs which i do already and sit ups and push ups at home, but any other information would be helpful

For the 1st two weeks, do what everyone's saying here, eat like a rabbit basically (mostly veggies - fruits are high in fructose which is sugar basically - and can actually prevent short term weightloss), take supplements (just in case), and exercise profusely, lots of fat burn cardio exercise. Stay away from weight training as building muscle will offset the short term weightloss.

The last two weeks, pick a cleanse program that you can live with, most of them have really restrictive dietary programs that you have to stick to, so that will eliminate having to figure out what to eat (the program will tell you what to eat when most likely) like the lemonade diet for instance. Any cleanse program will promote water weight loss for your last two weeks, and over that two week period you will literally find out that you are full of crap, trust me. After weigh-in you'll add weight back, typically half of what you lost during the cleanse program, but hey, you made the cut and didn't have to go through a military weight loss program, which really sucks from what I hear...and is much more brutal than any of the cleansing programs.

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard