Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Do you have a girlfriend? Have her dump you. That usually makes you lose your appetite.

On a more serious note, if you drink any pop, cut it 100% out of your diet, and drink a lot of water. It will keep you full, but is just water weight, that you can drop with cardio. Run your ass off. When you think you're tired, KEEP GOING! If you are going to a salad diet, atleast make it a spinach diet, so you have SOME nutritional value.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well the fastest way is amputation but that is not what your looking for I think
If you weight too much the military will do a body fat percentage check. If you are in bad shape they will send you to fat camp and you will hate it. I would say the fastest way to lose the weight would to run. Start out a 2 miles a day and go up a mile every 5 days till you hit about 5 miles. That will also help you in basic training.
what branch are you going into?

2000 svt contour 1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by loggerbomb:

how bout cutting the weight in a sauna? See them do it all the time on the ultimate fighter show.

That is how you cut 15lbs. in a day. It is all water weight. As soon as you start drinking again, you gain it all back. Since weigh-ins are not on the same day as the fight, the fighters can cut it, weigh in, and gain it back before the fight.

As was already stated, diet, excersise, blah blah blah.
Or coke. My ex lost a ton of weight when she was on coke.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
you just gotta do it to pass a physical??

you can always cut weight like a fighter before they weigh you. you should easily be able to shed 15lbs of water weight.

15lbs of fat in a month is alot...i kept a average loss of 12lbs a month for 6-8 months, technically i was starving myself.

Last edited by TGO; 08/15/06 03:09 PM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/

I did this a few times. Typically lost 15 to 17 pounds the first week & I think it's time to try it again. It was cool because just when you feel like your body needs 'something', it's on the menu for that day.

Dressing up the soup every few days is a good idea. Among my favorites:

1. Add medium Pace picante sauce (especially nice because of low sodium)
2. Soy sauce
3. Worcestershire and/or BBQ sauce
4. Lawrey's season salt
5. your favorite seasoning/enhancer here

Good call frenchie!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by jlanger:
You could lose 15 pounds in 5 days if you'd like here's how
MIND YOU THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS
Tricks I learned wrestling, NCAA style!

fighters almost always do nothing but lose water weight, that they gain back within a 30 minute period. and if you're losing weight but you can't sleep because you're so hungry, that's BAD NEWS. you don't want to start boot camp malnourished, and they want you to drop the weight for a reason, don't cheat the system.

I'd say the "eat small, eat often" works well. eat as soon as you wake up, but not for 2-3 hours before sleeping. go for a run (1-2 miles, pace depends on your fitness level, but PUSH yourself, really push) a couple times a day, like 2, 3 if you can handle it. situps wont do squat because they're a muscle building exercise and in 30 days you wont build enough muscle to burn fat by doing situps.

on that note, pushups, pullups, squats, any kind of weight lifting would be a great addition to the cardio/diet changes. one pound of muscle takes 30x more calories to maintain than one pound of fat, so if you start building muscle it kind of snowballs.

what branch are you trying to join?

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Purge

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by proliphik:
so i'm trying to shed 15lbs within say a months timeframe (trying to go into the military and they say i'm overweight) so i'm gonna start eating salads all day like i did before but any other help on how to do it faster would be helpful since i work in a cubefarm it's difficult to do activities during the day, i know i can walk up and down the stairs which i do already and sit ups and push ups at home, but any other information would be helpful

Here's an idea PUT DOWN THE FORK!!

-name what show thats from

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Atkins diet,

the leaner the meat you eat the faster you will lose weight.

15lbs in a month is very doable.

But it sounds like you are also very out of shape. You will need to increas your cardio in order to get through Basic. Ensure you can do 10 good push-ups before you start Basic and you will be OK. If not they will bounce you out of Basic and into a 4-week or longer fat-camp.

Everyone is different. I started my own Atkins type diet at 235 lbs. I ate 3 double cheeseburgers without the buns every day at mcdonalds. In 3months I was 178 lbs. ZERO EXCERCISE. I suprised a lot of people. A lot of fatass haters too. "its unhealthy" blah blah. Its a lot more unhealthier to be a fatass

97.Contour.GL.ATX 89.Dodge.Colt.4G63T
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Tourige:

Here's an idea PUT DOWN THE FORK!!
-name what show thats from

It's a Dennis Leary quote.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard