Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
I just picked up a '99 T Red SVT Contour 73K miles, I got a killer deal ($3,600)... but there's always a catch..

here are my questions issues.

The fan only blows high - found that it's likely to be the resistor pack from the site FAQ section.. I'll take care of that this week.

The fan only blows/vents to the floor.. the FAQ mentioned that the vaccum line could be disconected.. any comments?

The rear bumper is cracked pretty bad, are replacements available? if so how about much do they run?

The cruise control is inopperable, I found that the cruise control modlue under the hood is missing! also not sure if the module pictured is for the cruise or not... are the crusie control systems interchangeable between years and modles?

I'm also missing a few interior peices, such as the passenger side B pillar cover, the drives door hvac insert, the parking brake boot, the center compartment behind the parking brake, the headlight switch assembly is broken, and the carpeting is torn up with scisors.. I'd like to fix all those, where should I look for parts?

The rims on the car are horrendous! and the tires are in poor shape. I'd like to take the cheap way out and get 17" FSVT takeoff rims + tires... anyone have good source? or know where to get them used?

I also like these rims but am unsure if they'll look good (the price is awesome considering they come with tires and shipping): eBAY rim link

Also I think the front suspension is shot or getting there... When I hit the gas decently, the front end lifts up quite a bit... now I know fwd cars do this a bit (my wife has an '05 Grand Prix Comp G GTP) but this one seems a bit more pronouced, almost excessive.. what are recommende replacement items for a daily driver?

here's a side shot of my CSVT:

and the engine

ChicagoSVT.com '03 DSG Cobra 'vert / '99 T. Red Contour SVT
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I have the cruise assembly and headlight switch is you are interested. Send me a PM.

Nice to see that you are fixing up the car. I hate to see a SVT is such poor conditon. And yeah, those rims are terrible.

Welcome and good luck!

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Cobra_Jack:

The rear bumper is cracked pretty bad, are replacements available? if so how about much do they run?

A lot. See if a body shop can repair it first.

I'm also missing a few interior peices, such as the passenger side B pillar cover, the drives door hvac insert, the parking brake boot, the center compartment behind the parking brake, the headlight switch assembly is broken, and the carpeting is torn up with scisors.. I'd like to fix all those, where should I look for parts?

Actually TIm in MI has some of those pieces left I'd bet. Might have a cruise module as well. Look on page 2 in the EGL classifieds otherwise keep an eye out in the class. on the main page.

The rims on the car are horrendous! and the tires are in poor shape. I'd like to take the cheap way out and get 17" FSVT takeoff rims + tires... anyone have good source? or know where to get them used?

F'n A those things are crap! They also look like they are even 15" inchers!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Someone fugged up that car. They also removed the SVT badge on the intake manifold and painted it black.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
..The fan only blows/vents to the floor.. the FAQ mentioned that the vaccum line could be disconected.. any comments?

Welcome . Correct.
Figure 8 for vacuum diagram in Autozone

And vacuum dashpot

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/14/06 08:15 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
my rear bumper brand new and painted from a very nice body shop was something like 13-1400 i cant remember.

-a

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Nice to see that you are fixing up the car. I hate to see a SVT is such poor conditon.

No kidding, whoever had that car used it up pretty good Glad to see you care enough to bring it back to life. I also have a HL switch trim panel if interested. Just PM me. Good luck and welcome to CEG! You picked a great color!

Originally posted by CSVT1214:

And yeah, those rims are terrible.

No kidding...yuck!!!

Nice Cobra vert in the garage btw

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Welcome!

Lucky you finding a (relatively) low mileage SVT for so cheap! Definitely worth the fix-up cost. Whoever owned that before you deserves a swift hard kick in the junk!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Well I went out and took apart the center console, and found a vaccumm line danglin, I plugged it into it's place and now all the different zones blow air....

easy fix!

I still have to find the resistor pack.. any one now where to get one and how much: http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=23

As for the bumper, I guess I'll just have it urathaned at a body shop.

If anyone has any of the missing pieces I listed, please PM me with a price including shipping to 60477... I'd also be interested in any 17 inch rims you may have, and a clean set of headlights.

here's a decent pic of my "other" SVT

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by todras:

Actually TIm in MI has some of those pieces left I'd bet. Might have a cruise module as well. Look on page 2 in the EGL classifieds otherwise keep an eye out in the class. on the main page.

what/where is the EGL classifieds?

(remember I'm a Contour newb)

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by todras:

what/where is the EGL classifieds?

(remember I'm a Contour newb)

Scroll down and in the sections look for E. Great Lakes and then you will see the EGL Marketplace link.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard