Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1629963 08/14/06 04:34 PM
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
its been too long coming, but its done now!

ESP did the preliminary tuning, so I figured you new england guys should check them out. The bad news is that the injectors were not large enough to handle the power, and we could not run past 5000 RPM, where the power was still climbing. Since we spent about 4 hours trying to get more fuel, this is more of a baseline, as we did not change the timing table at all, and it was extremely fat (about 10:1) at lower rpm. There is room for improvement, that's for sure

Max HP: 410 @ 5000 rpm
Max Torque: 460 @ 4250 rpm

one run gave 470, but it leaned out sooner, so the max hp was lower, i figured i would keep the sheet with the highest of both.

I'll try and post the sheet, but I don't have a scanner. It's a nice torque curve, hitting 400 ft-lbs at about 3300 and never dropping below it.

oh and ryan, I haven't forgot about your ride, as soon as the 60 lb/hr come in and it gets tuned I'll take you!

Jeff

00 SVT #985 Silver Frost 89 Mustang GT TT -410.6hp/460.7trq (couldnt pull past 5k-lean) 12.77 @106 Before turbos, 12.82 @120.12 With them -95 Contour GL, 140K FREE! -WPI FSAE 05'-06', build a race car, get school credit
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
thems be some noice looking numbahs!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
For things not how you wanted, those numbers are pretty impressive!

Steve Help Support MS research 2003 SAAB 9-3 Vector 2002 Explorer Limited Former cars '98 T-Red SVT and 2000 Silver Frost SVT
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
saweet
<3 torque

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Great numbers. Who did your tune at ESP. I used to work with Dave. I was one of there first customers when they started they put on my DMD.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Those are some great numbers!! The torque number is awesome!

Jeff, I ran my first autocross at Ft Devens yesterday with the Renegade Miata Club. I did well. The fastest car in the group was a Black Z06 with race rubber under it. Not sure what else was done to the car. I think he was at 1:16:xx. My fastest lap was a 1:33:80 (the only clean run of my 6 runs). I was allegedly coming in on the heals of the race prepped Miatas. Considering my first lap was 1:47:xx and I missed one gate I was happy with the clean run.

My last run of the day was going very well but I got loose and almost spun halfway thru the run. I almost had to lock up to make the gate. They called me off course and i continued on. I still pulled a 1:34:xx. I think If I hadn't lost it I could have had a competitive run.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
The tune was done by Edwin, Karl and I. we stayed late on Friday night to get it done. We were unable to get a real optimal tune, no matter what we did, the A/F was climbing faster the the HP curve! Once I get some new injectors, 60 lb/hr's, we will get back to it.

Ryan, so are you hooked on auto-x now or what? We had an SVTOA event on saturday, I was going to tell you but by the time I got myself on and got things squared away it was full. The next one is sept 24, registration opens aug 24 I think. If I do this event it will be with the contour, as the mustang was too much of a handful to drive, spinning out 3 times!

Get this, you wont believe it, I broke my car on my 2nd afternoon run, looks like a burnt valve or a busted valve spring, but I was unable to finish the event. Bry was there watching, and he let me put my numbers on his car and get my last three runs in the cobra! I couldn�t believe it. I tell you it was an unsettling feeling pulling up to the line, looking down and seeing 3154 miles on the odometer as I prepared to drive the car around a 1.6 mile course!

00 SVT #985 Silver Frost 89 Mustang GT TT -410.6hp/460.7trq (couldnt pull past 5k-lean) 12.77 @106 Before turbos, 12.82 @120.12 With them -95 Contour GL, 140K FREE! -WPI FSAE 05'-06', build a race car, get school credit
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I really enjoyed myself. Some of the veteran auto-xers mentioned that Sundays course was set up for experianced auto-xers. There were several crossovers that allowed us to take full advantage of the airstrip and several cones that intentionally caused people to consider an off course gate. I think I would be more interested in a course that was a bit more open. I could really get a feel for my tires and the turbo. between gates the turbo would spool quick, I'd let off and the rear would loosen up with a little as I would come thru a gate. Halfway thru I would bring the boost back up and the car would straighten up and go for the next. It was all very predictable.

Thats great that Bry let you run the Cobra! As much as I trust Jim and his driving abilities, I don't know how willing I would be to let him run my Mazdaspeed. How did it feel? I too was sitting at the port of the sea of cones looking at my odometer with 5500mi thinking the same thing.

My friend Zak was there with his 95 Miata (first time running for him too), he had mentioned to a guy he was working a corner with that I might be slow because I was concerned about protecting the condition of the car/wheels/paint. Zak said that when I came thru the tight gates in his corner with the turbo singing and the rear end drifting slightly, the guy looked over and said..."Looks like he got over those fears real fast!!"

Zak was saying that I was coming thru the gates in his section at about the same speed as the other cars in my group. I know if I had some 15" wheels and better track rubber I could have been much faster in the tight course.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
It was much more predictable than my car. I could not keep mine under control, any throttle and the thing broke loose. I ran a quicker time with his than with mine, but supercharger whine doesn't compare to turbo whistle. You should check out the SVTOA events, much more open courses (I guess the high HP cobras and lightnings don't like tight courses!)

All the pics from the event http://www.palmerpix.com/autox_Aug12/

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
How much does it cost if your not a member? And how well did this guy run? Thats a Mazdaspeed like mine (minus the grill and tupperware side body molding):

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard