Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_knight_turbo_electric_supercharger/photo_02.html

just read the article on another forum. nothing i'd buy but hey it did well for an auto-altima

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
are you kidding with your question? This has been talked about extensively and there is a kit out for the cougar...I believe there is even a group buy going on..

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
The supercharger kit that was just released for the Cougar by Thomas Knight is not an electric one.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by stilov:
are you kidding with your question? This has been talked about extensively and there is a kit out for the cougar...I believe there is even a group buy going on..

no..quite serious...eletric turbo. read the article

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by j99coug:
The supercharger kit that was just released for the Cougar by Thomas Knight is not an electric one.

I stand corrected...I guess I just thought it was elecetric based on all the ads with Thomas Knight and the electric stuff

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:
Originally posted by stilov:

no..quite serious...eletric turbo. read the article

However not so quick to stand corrected...

From the article

A lot of these lost souls are out there and for those unfortunates who lust for boost, there's light at the end of the tunnel--the Thomas Knight Turbo electric supercharger . Designed as a universal supercharger , there are no ungodly pulley configurations or whacked-out axle drives to deal with. In fact, Thomas Knight Turbo (TKT) likens the installation to that of a high-flow intake. TKT says that for most FWD cars, relocating the battery to the trunk and swapping out the air filter opens up enough room to install the unit.

Usually "supercharging" is a term. A turbo is a means of doing so. Most referred superchargers use belt drive...and a turbo always uses the exhaust...

I would still have to say it is much closer to the superchargers that we all call superchargers. (Although that could be debated...maybe we should think of a new term for them???)

Anyway...it isn't new, and we have still talked about it...along with twin turbos, turbos from the y area, STS remote mount turbos, ADC/Street Flight turbos, Warmonger's turbo, Stilov's turbo, Swazo's turbo, Blackwidow's Turbo, front mount intercooled turbos, Co2 and Nitrous powered "turbos" and hydraulic powered turbos.

It's all there. In fact I would say, you'd be hard pressed to come up with another idea. All the power to ya if you can though.

Last edited by stilov; 08/14/06 12:55 AM.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Hmmm..Is there a reason why this dyno graph only shows a range of about 2,000 rpms? Short lived boost period?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
That dyno Graph looks terrible.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
It comes down to trying to force air into the engine... Which all sounds good, but isn't that simple as just throwing a eletric blower motor on the intake track, to much factors in.

I've seen systems and somethings to think about is 1st the eletric blower can not be used 24-7, usally 30mins max before it starts to toast (plus all the heat in the engine bay already). Also if you do have a eletric motor that can spin that fast on 12volts, how much current you think your drawing and the load you must be putting on the alt.

I was shocked to see JC Whitney selling them now for 350.00 maybe you'll get a jump in HP. 2-3 more years they may figure out how to be more effective in driving eletric blower to be of better use.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I would think if they would run the batteries in series to like 36 volts and have a charger setup for just that it would make more power for the electric motor. It would draw less amps with same power. Imagine the weight you add to the front of the motor too. I would be scared a electric motor would smoke and burn down my car too.

Too much effort on a unefficient way to squeeze power out of a car. I would rather have NOS and be done with it.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard