Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1629447 08/13/06 05:37 PM
T
teekay Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK, so this is for a '99 SE/Sport (2.5L V6), ATX. I have no idea if either of the following are related to my code -- the check engine light came on for a day or two recently, then went back off. Twice recently I stopped at a stoplight, I hit the gas when it went green, then nothing happened, then everything jerked to life (including my heart!). Also, once in a while when starting the car, I get a high-pitched grinding and no engine start (bad starter?) -- if I wait 2 secs and start again, it's fine.

Anyway, the code in question is P0340 -- Camshaft Position - Sensor A, Bank 1 circuit malfunction.

What does that mean, and is it related to either of the other issues?

Thanks,
-Tom

#1629448 08/13/06 05:54 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by teekay:
OK, so this is for a '99 SE/Sport (2.5L V6), ATX. I have no idea if either of the following are related to my code -- the check engine light came on for a day or two recently, then went back off. Twice recently I stopped at a stoplight, I hit the gas when it went green, then nothing happened, then everything jerked to life (including my heart!). Also, once in a while when starting the car, I get a high-pitched grinding and no engine start (bad starter?) -- if I wait 2 secs and start again, it's fine.

Anyway, the code in question is P0340 -- Camshaft Position - Sensor A, Bank 1 circuit malfunction.

What does that mean, and is it related to either of the other issues?

Thanks,
-Tom

yeah, youre gonna wanna replace that sensor... That will fix your hesitation problem... as for the starter... I dont know a whole lot about contour starters as I dont really have any experience with them... But I remember reading a thread a while back about how sometimes the starter wont hit the flywheel properly and over time eat it up... Someone will chime in more about that if I am wrong... or right...

Last edited by AliasJerkââ??¢; 08/13/06 05:55 PM.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
For Camshaft Position sensor. Code P0340, the one in yellow.

Originally posted by chongo:
It will take you 5 minutes.
Unscrew one bolt, pull out sensor, screw in bolt!

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard