taken today at a local car show, a few of my favourites
anyone explain them all to me please ?

sorry for the random image sizes

www.m-p-g.co.uk was steventrace
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Awesome. That Pete's registered in Florida. Prolly got enough miles to make the trip dozens of times. 13-speed Cat FTW!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Well the first one is the very rare Red X, I hear they fetch 9 figures at Barret (sp?) auctions. Second is a Chevy Corvette, Chevy's singular good idea since the 70's (you can tell from that ugly yellow thing called a Camaro, and the very ugly flat red thing, surprisingly, also called a Camaro). Other than the Peterbilt and Kenworth Tractor Trailers and the Cougar I pretty much couldn't tell you much about the other cars, other than approximate years. Though I do love that Cougar!

EDIT: The first pic (has an extra http at the beginning) is also a Corvette, looks like a Stingray maybe? Either way, the 'Vette is Chevy's sports car, fast, RWD, and excellent handling, perfect for a road course. They've been made since the '50's and just keep getting better and better, but we won't mention the 80's.

Last edited by DanMyers; 08/12/06 05:37 PM.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
LOL, yeah we have Red X's here too, although cheap and common , thanx so far though

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Is that a smart car I see peeking from behind the Peterbilt? I don't think it is, because any car that calls itself "smart" wouldn't go near those rusted steelies.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
well slap me with a wet fish, but i see no smart car ?

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Yeah, I'm sure it's just a little car that seems quite common on your side of the pond (we need to start getting them, except those tractor trailers carry quite a punch, especially at highway speeds) I just wanted to find a place for that lame joke. Do you have Tractor Trailers on your side of the pond? Excuse my ignorance, but I've never been there (Germany some day).

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
The semis there are little compared to ours.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by deedum:
taken today at a local car show, a few of my favourites
anyone explain them all to me please ?

Who invited Ron Jeremy?

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
D
deedum Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
if you mean tractor units and trailers as we call them, then yes, but ares are not as HUGE.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard