Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
Has anyone used axles from Raxle in their contour? I've been researching axles for a while and the ricer sites say GCK axles suck balls, everything else is a retarded amount of money...

U
OP Offline
U
OK, I just found a bunch of places saying Raxles suck balls... So I guess my only option is the factory axles or the cheapest ones from drive shaft shop. Has anyone had any problems with the axles from drive shaft shop?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
GCK's are nice because they are not reman's. I have ehard some people say they use better bearings or something...

I worked at a parts store all through college...reman units just don't last...like maybe 30k...however you'll see brand new oe stuff last 100k+.

That's why I bought the GCK's...and I found a site that sells them for 80 shipped. Most reman's cost more than that.

I don't "believe" anyone has broken there axle's due to power yet. (a good axle that is...like the correct length custom axle's or even new stock axle's) If there are...there are few.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
U
OP Offline
U
Thanks for the reply. I found that if you look hard enough you find places saying anything is crap. I wasnt so much worried about the axles breaking as much as worried about them being poorly made. I read threads about gck axles fitting loose in hubs and things like that, some ricer sites say they get a vibration under acceleration after installing gck axles.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
mine is great...at elast for the contours...I have only heard good. Here is the link

http://bbb-carb.com/cv-axles/mercury.htm

the ford link doesn't work on the site..but you should be able to cross the number with the cougar

98 E0 SVT with some stuff

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard