Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Basically what happend today was after putting new tires on (got a great deal on some new Goodyear Eagle GT-hrs), I took the car down to have an alignment done, they were about to do it when they pulled me in under the car to see that a) my outer right ti-rod was in really bad shape, and that I needed ball joints on both sides because of the squeak they were making.

The first place I went to wanted $150 for the whole thing, including labour and ordering the parts. My dad, being in the business of car maintenece for a long time told me that was a rip off. I believed him since he told me he's gotten his Ti-rods for about $15-$25 each with alignemnt at $35. Labour was being way overcharged, and I was at one of the best places in the area for Alignment, not going to mention who (W********e alignment) and when I told them look I don't think it should be that much they basically backed my car out of the garage, and told me that they wanted $20 for taking 5 minutes to look at it. After arguing that their labour was hardly worth $0.20 and that I wasn't paying because they COULDN't do the job, they threw my keys at me and told me to get lost. (they also took my ferrari symbol off my key remote noticed when I got home it was gone).

Anyways, I went to another guy, in the downtown core, he was more reasonable, and did alignment perfectly for about $80 (I gave him the extra for labour because he was so kind and very quick. All he had to wait for was the guy to deliver the part to him. Plus I bought him a coffee.) It was a stressful situation because after leaving that other alignment place, I felt like my car was in WORSE condition then when I had put the tires on and drove over there. Anyways thanks for reading my story guys, btw. Peter's Alignment on Union street north of St. Clair East of Keele is the place to go for good, and affordable alignment.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Sorry to say it but, replacing ball joints is a waste of time and money. If they're not on the way out already, your front A arm bushings will need replacing shortly. Bushings are not available seperately and the only way you can get A arms is c/w new ball joints.

I speak from experience.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard