Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Okay well basically after searching the better part of an hour through the forums about Irridiums and Bosch 4s, I think that of the two the irridiums seem to be better, and have had a better success rate. Obviously, I'm not going to believe the success rate is about 1 in 2 for irridiums so I'm just going to assume it's about 1 in 4. I have a pair of Champion double plats for replacement but I also was thinking of picking up the irridiums and see if I get a hit.

My question is for those who have got a dead on hit, is there anything NOW that you regret or that has gone wrong since you've got them to work flawlessly? Notice any misfiring or anything of that nature? And I guess did you install in any different way deviating from the 'how-to' already posted? Thanks for reading and responding

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
I used NGK Iridiums and loved them. I installed them after both Motorcraft and Autolites made my toru stumble. Tho I am currently running Motorcraft DPs w/out any issues.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I wanna give the Autolite XP's a try but I won't bother till my plugs need to be changed. My plugs only have probably 30k on 'em now... But, unless others have bad luck with them, that'll be my next plug.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I just picked up those Autolite XP for my 3L engine that will be going in next weekend. They are about 6.50$ a pop but i mean $40 doesnt seem like anything compared to the rest of the build.

I will give you guys a little update when i start running them.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'm running Denso Iridiums. I only bought them because I was trying to diagnose my misfire problems before. They are too pricey for me to purchase them again though. I'll go back to Autolites whenever I need to replace my Densos.

Also, I think anyone on the forum will tell you to stay away from Bosch Platinum+4. They do not work properly on the Duratec.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Well talk about missfire

My engine had the most messed up setup as far as plugs/wires combo goes. I bought the Magnecore 8.5mm wires with the Autolite DP's and my car missfired like crazy, the magnecores just didnt like autolites at all. I ended up gettin cheapo Chmapion $.99 plugs and wholah! no missfire..truely amazing

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
As long as you're willing to clean/gap/replace them often, copper plugs should work. I'd never run anything but plats, though. I highly doubt your misfire had anything to do with the type of plug.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I just installed Autolite XP's in my SVT and so far i'm pleased. Just need to do the wires and coil now.

98 CSVT Black
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
i got em bosh+4's in my 96 tourv6 and wow she runs like a dream! Noticed a change for the better pronto.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
I had the NGK double iridium plugs in the 96 V6 SE I had for the past year. In that time I put over 60K miles on the car (yes I drive that much in a year! Actually more!) and they proved to be rock solid the whole time. I was getting a solid 30 MPG with the car (v6 auto) on the highway which is the best I have gotten with any V6 auto Contique that I've owned. I'm don't know if that's due to the plugs or not honestly. I can tell you that I had the Bosch +4's on my turck and they only lasted about 10K miles before I started getting a misfire. Bosch is not what they used to be.

Parting out 95-97 Contours/Mystiques. Contact me directly at ALFIGOLS@yahoo.com if you're looking for a particular part.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard