Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1628824 08/14/06 10:08 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
You honestly think the G3 bodykit looks better than an SVT bodykit?

The G3 bodykit is pure rice imho. Its a honda bodykit slapped on a contour that doesnt share the same curves or personality.

I dont think there is one person that could call the SVT bodykit overdone, tasteless, or ricey. When I do up cars, I want them to look clean and tasteful. If there is any doubt in my mind that people will rag on mods that i do, I dont do them.

For the love of all that is holy....stop showing us pics of your car!!!! :sob: Mine looks so PLAIN, and has so much left to be done. I'm reminded of this every time I see your car.

:sniff: ok....pull it together. :sigh:

Definitely the best pre-98 ever, and one of the best looking of all the years. Pure hotness as always!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1628825 08/14/06 10:11 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Zabz:
yea your right i need a different color...sorry dude but the kit and the wing looks hot...me and my dad researched it and were amazed it was a contour...i like it but its all opinion i just need some hot color to spice it up any suggestions....

Someone save this ricer before he ruins a contour.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1628826 08/14/06 10:11 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yea I agree. That is one of the nicest tours on the site. Mostly because of maintenance...the body/paint look so clean and the svt kit looks great on it. Very clean car.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1628827 08/14/06 10:49 PM
Z
Zabz Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Ok guys i have a question....If you guys are so concerned about the way mine will look why dont half of you own your contours any more...all of the cars i see writen out are others...and ok soo you guys dont like the body kit...i dislike the SVT body kit...and i HATE IMPORTS!!!! IM 17 and want a hot looking car that looks different...i have yet to see a contour with this body style im looking for in my area...my car will not look like an import...Im pure american muscle...my dream car is an 78 corvette...and my parents own an 86 which im in pure love with...im actually in the process of restoring a 71 mach 1 mustang...and i take great offence to the imports thinking they can smoke it...soo my car will never look like an import...it will look young and new...

#1628828 08/14/06 10:56 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
dont do the CB hood and the wing and get a koni sport kit and nice wheel

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
#1628829 08/14/06 11:04 PM
Z
Zabz Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
OK and i was also told the SVT kit will bolt up to my car in the rear and sides...but the front needs to be moded...What exactly would i need to do...i have a 95 LX....

Last edited by Zabz; 08/14/06 11:05 PM.
#1628830 08/14/06 11:21 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ok guys i have a question....If you guys are so concerned about the way mine will look why dont half of you own your contours any more...all of the cars i see writen out are others...and ok soo you guys dont like the body kit...i dislike the SVT body kit...and i HATE IMPORTS!!!! IM 17 and want a hot looking car that looks different...i have yet to see a contour with this body style im looking for in my area...my car will not look like an import...Im pure american muscle...my dream car is an 78 corvette...and my parents own an 86 which im in pure love with...im actually in the process of restoring a 71 mach 1 mustang...and i take great offence to the imports thinking they can smoke it...soo my car will never look like an import...it will look young and new...

Gotcha...(and i personally think vettes are puwey, I only like the new ones)

Anywas, you say you hate ricers and such, but if you threw that body kit and giant wing on, then you would be doing the same thing that most of them do...throw some pos kit on that follows no lines of the car and makes it look like something out of fast and the furious. The svt kit is sleek and nice, goes well with the car and isn't all agressive...and doesn't get the wrong attention. I believe the front needs to be molded. I can't remember who al exactly but a few guys have done it here, and I believe there are a bunch of picturesin a thread of someones with them showing different stages of the molding...The way I understood it to be is...the top half of the pre-98 bumper molded to the bottom half of the svt's bumber. (imagine a line in the middle of the bumper, top to bottom) They come out nice. Then if the svt fron isn't nice enough for you, throw a mirko on as well.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1628831 08/14/06 11:27 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Thats fine. We're just trying to give you advice as to what the majority likes around here as well as the general public. If I bought the G3 bodykit and put it on my car, people would probably think I was 17 too because those kind of bodykits are generally what the younger crowd buys. Id say about 90% or more of the members here, young and old would consider that bodykit rice, expecially that horrid rear fascia with two huge square cutouts for mufflers. Yes, square! I dont understand, you dont like rice, but yet your conforming to what they buy? This kit is almost identical to the R34 bodykit which is made for virtually every import known to man.

I know im being a bit critical. I'm honestly just trying to give you helpful criticism so that your not kicking yourself in the butt a few years from now when you realize your car is turning heads for the wrong reasons. Then again, its not my car and you have the right to do whatever you like. Its your car, so enjoy it.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
#1628832 08/14/06 11:49 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
OK and i was also told the SVT kit will bolt up to my car in the rear and sides...but the front needs to be moded...What exactly would i need to do...i have a 95 LX....

The short answer is cut both bumpers in half horizontally in the same place. Take the upper half from your car, the lower half from the SVT, plastic weld them together, reinforce the joint w/ fiberglass, bondo, paint, install.

It's a lot of work though.

As far as the kit goes, I think the best looking non-SVT kit is Andy's Auto Sport. But just the front bumper. The skirts look like big 2x4 pieces of sh!t. I can't remember what the rear AAS bumper looks like. The AAS front bumper is nice and deep, and doesn't have all the crazy ricer styling. You'd have to do the cut and mold steps with the AAS kit too, as I think it only came for the 98+.

If you're set on having a wing, then get a nice fiberglass wing with supports you can paint body color. Nothing looks tackier (IMO) than a big black wing (unless the car is black) with open strut-style supports.

Just remember as you mod it, the car is called a "Contour", it's not a blocky square Element or xB. Keep that in mind, try and keep your mods relevant to the car's styling, and you'll be golden.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard