Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
TRicker Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
if i run direct port (well, a plate between the intake manifolds) is it going to restrict airflow much? i mean a nozzle in each secondary port, they can take up some space. this is the only thing im worried about. once i make a mock up piece i am going to have a plate CNC'ed about 3/4" thick. also will this make the car run worse? i dont know much about changine the intake heights but it will be alot like an intake spacer, with nozzles in it (lol durr) clearance issues will be taken care of, it will probably be 2 pieces, 1 for each LIM.....

if you guys have any other ideas i'm open to those too, i have thought about removing the secondaries and putting nozzles in the ports in the LIM but i dont want to lose so much power when i'm off the juice, either. thanks for any ideas!

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Get a used lower intake manifold with fuel rail and cheap SE contour injectors. Then figure out how to plumb secondary N2O and fuel lines into the secondary ports. I think you can find a way to use smaller fogger nozzles and drill directly into the side of the LIM, then make a mini fuel rail for each bank. Remember ,you have room inside and outside of theLIM though it isn't a lot.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
TRicker Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
hmm, that sounds like a great idea. im going to see about finding some LIM's to mock up, ill post anything i can come up with

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
What you want is conceptually available from the company that provides 10year old technology. Imagin it adapted for the duratec. You'd have a ton of R&D to make it work. Or, you could figure out how to jam some of these in:

Just an opinion, but you're better of taking Tom's advice here.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
T
TRicker Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
my plate setup would basically be a plate that has 6 nozzles tapped in. and like you said, 10 year old technology. lets step into the year 2000 or so and get some NX shark nozzles. the only other way i could get a plate on it is to run it behind the throttle body but the plate would hit it and nitrous would still have to travel through the hot ass UIM. and look at the plate one more time, and look at the plate that you would have to make to go in between the LIM's and UIM. not even close! thanks for the input though

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Why not try what War said...use the LIM as your "plate" and tap the nozzles into there. Sounds like it would work the best and seems very plausible. I don't know if you've had your UIM off yet, but if you have/or when ya do...you'll see there is quite a bit of room there to work something out.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
T
TRicker Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
yeah. the only thing im worried about it the thickness of the walls. i dont wanna blow the nozzles off the LIM lol. aluminum threads are soft

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
This aluminum is not that soft as it is precipitation hardened. Besides, you would need a very high pressure for that.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
i know stangkiller did it on a cougar you might pm him on neco, or coogah who currently owns the manifold that was done i believe they tapped the uim to do it

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TRicker:
yeah. the only thing im worried about it the thickness of the walls. i dont wanna blow the nozzles off the LIM lol. aluminum threads are soft

I think you've watched TF&TF too many times.

How on earth are you going to blow the nozzles out of the UIM? If you had enough force/pressure-build to do that - it's safe to say that the entire engine would have probably grenaded at that point to get you in that situation, so it's a moot point.

In all honesty a direct port setup will gain you nothing over a properly sized single fogger and a tune. I know, I installed the kit that was on Y2KSVT's car.

Thanks for allowing me to use my 10,000th post as an opportunity to administer a to you.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard