Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zski Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I have a 99 Contour SE and it's been a great little car, I'm trying to hold onto it for about another year, but if I can't fix my current problem on the cheap side, I'm thinking the replacement date might come a little sooner! Hopefully someone can help. I couldn't find any posts that described anything exactly like my problem, so here goes:

I just moved to Florida where it's nice and hot and humid, so naturally, the interior fan stopped working. Actually, it's not that it stopped working, it just seems to work when it wants to.

Specifically, when I start the car, the fan won't come on. However, once I drive over a particularly bumpy stretch of road, it will usually come on and stay on until I turn it off or turn off the car. It doesn't seem to blow as fast as before, but that might be my imagination.

At first I thought it might be some loose wiring that's causing this, but the fact that it stays on no matter how many more bumps I roll over seems to go against that reason.

Could this be related to the problem with the blower motor switch that I've read about that's resulted in a recall, or is it something else? Any guesses?

Thanks for your help

-bryan

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome . It could be the switch, blower motor, wiring or the fuse/holder.

I suggest you check the fuse and fuse holder first.

Read this

And this

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard