#1627420 08/12/06 12:00 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
Originally posted by Pre98:
Better crazy than dead, no?

... it is crazy stupid and I doubt that it is saving any lives. Foiling would-be terrorist plots makes us safer, taking away coke bottles and making parents taste their baby's formula is just a waste of time and a giant circle jerk.

I think it likely will save lives, but you would be spared a LOT of the inconvenience if authorities could profile. BUT NOOOOOOOO, that might hurt somebodys feelings! It wouldn't be fair to target muslim men & women. waaahhhh!!!

Thank a liberal - then kick 'em in their P.C. junk.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1627421 08/12/06 01:23 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

... it is crazy stupid and I doubt that it is saving any lives. Foiling would-be terrorist plots makes us safer, taking away coke bottles and making parents taste their baby's formula is just a waste of time and a giant circle jerk.

I think it likely will save lives, but you would be spared a LOT of the inconvenience if authorities could profile. BUT NOOOOOOOO, that might hurt somebodys feelings! It wouldn't be fair to target muslim men & women. waaahhhh!!!

Profiling is racism pure and simple. Just because someone fits the racial profile of a criminal is not reasonable suspicion for any one to stop, search, or arrest that person. It's not about hurting someone's feelings; it is about being fair and just. It is proven innocent until proven guilty and race, religion, or ethnic background proves nothing.

Let's think of it this way. What if we were to build a racial profile based on Tim McVeigh; an American, white, Christian, Male? So anyone who fits that profile would (I am assuming you would fit at least part of this profile.) be scrutinized more than anyone else, based on nothing but these four factors that have nothing to do with any real evidence against them. I call that shoddy and lazy police work, along with being an antiquated racist idea.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
#1627422 08/12/06 01:40 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:

and what makes you think the weren't in it together?

Go blow another trans.

Ewwwwwwww

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1627423 08/12/06 02:33 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I have to fly the end of the month. Usually I take my aviation headset and parachute on the plane because the craps expensive and I don't like to let it out of my sight. (I'm going to Tennessee to fly off the aerobatic restictions on a friends plane, hence the equipment need)Now I have to check this stuff in.

I just read that you will NEVER be able to go up into the statue of liberty again because the city of NY is worried about bombings and evacuations. I went up to the crown/head of the statue in 1975 when I was eleven. Will our children be able to see NY city from the top of the statue now? No they won't.

Until we take an extemely hardcore stance against terrorism they have won. Start profiling. Do 65 year old white grandma's carry shoe bombs onto airliners?, no they bake flippin' pies! I don't give a rats azz about political correctness any longer, (never did anyway) start strip searching 30ish middle-eastern looking men and women before flights. Restrict their movement anywhere they go. As somebody already said, "not all muslims are terrorists, but as of now all terrorist ARE muslim." Make it well known that if you DO pull off a bombing all of you're living relatives will be imprisoned, tortured, and killed after we learn all there is to learn from them. These are not uniformed military combatants, they are terrorist and you must treat them as such. Geneva convention rules only apply to military combantants. Kill them immediatly as they would offer YOU no better treatment if the roles were reversed!

We need to take a no BS stance on the countries that support terrorism, and we know who they are. It's time to do something about it. If it comes down to all the civilised countries versus the whole damn muslim world to make this right, I say sigh me up and lets do it now.

And before you scream "but they ARE a civilized group of people" do I need to remind you of all the tortured, mutilated, and decapitated bodies we have come to expect from these "civilised" people?

The muslim community offers nothing in the way of support when an attack happens, they don't go public denouncing the attacks, but the minute you mention tracking the responsible parties down they crawl out of the sand and cry "foul! you're penalizing all of us" Damn right and we should. It's the only way to stop this.

Jim T.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
#1627424 08/12/06 04:39 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Yikes!
We as Americans are so selfish. We want it all and we're willing to give up nothing to have it. Well we'll give up someone else's freedoms but not our own. What are we talking about here? Giving up your computer, ipod, bottle water, shampoo, time, etc in order to board a plane to go wherever you want whenever you want? Hike up your skirt and get over it! If you want security on the flight you're going to have to do your part instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
#1627425 08/12/06 04:47 PM
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Yikes!
We as Americans are so selfish. We want it all and we're willing to give up nothing to have it. Well we'll give up someone else's freedoms but not our own. What are we talking about here? Giving up your computer, ipod, bottle water, shampoo, time, etc in order to board a plane to go wherever you want whenever you want? Hike up your skirt and get over it! If you want security on the flight you're going to have to do your part instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

Ryan for President.

#1627426 08/12/06 04:54 PM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Let's think of it this way. What if we were to build a racial profile based on Tim McVeigh; an American, white, Christian, Male? So anyone who fits that profile would (I am assuming you would fit at least part of this profile.) be scrutinized more than anyone else, based on nothing but these four factors that have nothing to do with any real evidence against them. I call that shoddy and lazy police work, along with being an antiquated racist idea.

If 99% of the recent terrorist actions were taken by the so called "American, white, Christian, Male", then yes profiling based upon that would make sense... Then again, the activities have been taken by Middle-Eastern, Young/Middle Aged, Muslim, Males -- so it only makes sense to look at this group closer.

Quote:

Yikes!

Wow, so well put. =)

This goes along the lines of the typical American thinking of today. They want instant results, and do not want to wait for them. They believe the President should have been able to solve the "terrorist problem" in a year. Even funnier is the liberals who think the problem could have been solved in a year...via TALKING.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
#1627427 08/12/06 04:56 PM
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Actually, I just checked the TSA website and lookee lookee. I'm flying to Germany in a few hours and am relieved I can carry my lappy on-board.

Originally posted by TSA.GOV:

Question:

Media have also reported that laptops, cell phones and electronic items are no longer allowed. Is that true?

Answer

No. TSA continues to allow laptop computers, cell phones and other electronic items as carry-on items.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
#1627428 08/12/06 05:01 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I don't think it's selfishness. Rather, it's a knee-jerk response to make it look like they are making you so much safer when the risk was minute in the first place. Symbolism over substance.

I see people taking other modes of transportation or declining to places because it's too much of a hassle. Making people drink baby formula. Guess what? You've just broken the cleanliness of it.

We are letting the terrorists win when they make us change how we live. We win when we don't let them.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#1627429 08/12/06 05:40 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Profiling is racism pure and simple. Just because someone fits the racial profile of a criminal is not reasonable suspicion for any one to stop, search, or arrest that person. It's not about hurting someone's feelings; it is about being fair and just. It is proven innocent until proven guilty and race, religion, or ethnic background proves nothing.

Are you kidding me? What a bunch of bunk. You seem to suggest that we cannot be suspicious of ME males unless we have some sort of history on them of previous SUICIDAL acts of terror? GET REAL!!

If TM types were going to the middle east & blowing up mosques or foreign airliners, yes, profile the **** out of AWC males in the ME. Makes it kinda easy to filter out the evil doers when they mix in to a population that makes them fairly easy to spot. Same applies here, and nobody is getting their rights taken away. If they have no contriband they would be sent on their way. We're simply focusing efforts based on specific known criteria to protect them as well as the remainder of a population that is far less likely to commit acts of terror. All of a sudden, because a racial component is being applied, rational thought & application of scientific methods & mathmatical probabilities is bad?

Frankly Tim M is a bad example: If TM types were the root of terrorism & I was being seached every time I flew on a plane because of profiling for people like TM, I'd feel good about flying because all TM types were being scrutinized & that makes it far less likely that I or my family would die. Inconvenient? Yes. Discriminatory? Yes. Racist? I think not. My right to travel in safety has not been taken away. We're protected against unreasonable searches, but since the primary responsibility of government is the safety of its citizens, this is a reasonable precaution IMHO. They are not being sought out, they have the choice not to fly, if they wish it - & they won't be searched.

PC has gone too far when it trumps & interferres with common sense precautions to keep my family safe. When I fly on a plane, you bet your *** I watch any ME men like a freakin' hawk. Do I make them feel uncomfortable when I do that? Possibly. Too ******* bad.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard