Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Well I work for Cingular Wireless in my local mall and I had to work from 1-9:30 today....just another typical day of working and then off to play basketball at the gym when I got off work....So everything goes good at work and I'm walking out to my car hit the unlock button on my fob and as I get closer I see my god damn window has been smashed out...my interior looks like it was hit by a bomb....all my wiring to my zex purge, underbody kit, zex activation switch, neons is completely ripped down with the kick panel....my Radio bezel is shattered into 1000000000 pieces my passenger kick panel is broke in half and my 1800 kenwood head unit is gone....my wallet that was in my gym bag and my entire gym bag that was in the trunk is gone.....In short terms......I [censored] hate low life scum pieces of [censored]. If any of you are familiar with East Saint Louis Illinois which is a [censored] neighborhood not to far from the city I work in.....Please blow it up or if you pass through it ever..please light as many houses on fire as you possibly can. I understand everything can be fixed but it's the damn hassle of going through it...I hope my insurance can cover my head unit....if they don't burn their building down too......oh also there is a nice dent in my rear drivers door..only dent on the car.....wonder where that came from.

former cougar owner turned 00'SVT
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I heard that place was pretty ghetto...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I declare open season... 'Lock & load!'

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I've learned one simnple rule from living in a crappy neighborhood. If you have nice stuff, Scum bags WILL [censored] it up.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I dunno about that. Even in nicer areas this kind of stuff is going on. Take Ann Arbor, MI for example. Great college city with extremely wealthy people. I'll admit that I lived in the poorest part of Ann Arbor, but still compared to even mediocre areas of Metro-Detroit, it is nothing. Yet, two of my buddies cars got broken into. Also Stazi's car got hit really hard a couple of years ago there, as well.

It's just so random nowadays. The only thing I do to prevent it, which apparently works, since I parked my car outside the entire year was to remove everything in the interior visible from outside the car, and also make the car look really dirty. I purposely drove through muddy areas and rain puddles to make the car less attractive to a thief. A shiney car is always an attractive car.

I dunno, well anyways good luck w/ the insurance bro. That really sucks what happened to you.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
id hate to break it to you buddy... But unless you claimed that stuff on your insurenace (the aftermarket stuff) then you are pretty much SOL for getting reimbursed for it. my brother is a claims adjuster for Auto Owners, I hear stories about this kind of stuff all of the time, he used to do claims on cars. People would get pretty pissed when their 2K audio system isnt covered because they didnt bother to call the insurance company and claim it on their policy, which doesnt increase the insurance price much if not at all. They will pay for OEM parts. thats pretty much it.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
I heard that place was pretty ghetto...

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Sorry to hear that. I can understand how people can not respect other peoples stuff. I was so pissed when someone ripped the vert top on my mustang look at it this way at least they didnt take the car.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
id hate to break it to you buddy... But unless you claimed that stuff on your insurenace (the aftermarket stuff) then you are pretty much SOL for getting reimbursed for it. my brother is a claims adjuster for Auto Owners, I hear stories about this kind of stuff all of the time, he used to do claims on cars. People would get pretty pissed when their 2K audio system isnt covered because they didnt bother to call the insurance company and claim it on their policy, which doesnt increase the insurance price much if not at all. They will pay for OEM parts. thats pretty much it.

Darn, now Ford is going to pay him ~$500 for an OEM CD player, and he can go back out and buy another $200 CD player and make out just fine. OEM is usually pretty pricey stuff, so if they just cut him a check, it'll be okay.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Sorry to hear about your car...

My car wasn't broken into, but one night near christmas 2 years ago I came out at ~ 930 and found the world "[censored]" painted down the side of my car. It looks the slow bum cop an hour to get there. And it was water based paint so I came off with some hard scrubing. worst part was they had the [censored] on tape and did NOTHING about it...

EDIT: I would post pictures but those would get censored too... Some people just need to die.

Last edited by ZeroHour; 08/12/06 01:26 AM.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard