Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I have read several other posts regarding this issue and I came up with several possible causes.

I was cleaning the UIM using Big Jim's method. Everything worked great except when I noticed my radiator fan kicked on for about 10 seconds and then shut-off. I looked at the temp gauge in the car and it was in between the "M-A" in normal. I dont think it cooled down in that short of a period. The fan just won't stay on.

I replaced the ECT and thermostat about a year ago. Could it be a relay? Are there two fan speeds? I only hear the fan when the A/C is on. The car runs a little warm when the A/C is off. Is there a way to test the fan speeds?

98 Black Contour SVT, #2386 of 6535 How can you live without CEG?
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Very interesting Tony. My problem is exactly like Firefightinblazers.

I will try the fan relays as described in that link. Hope its the same for the Duratec. It could possibly be the radiator fan resistor. That seems like alot of work, lol. Thanks for the help.

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I just checked the low-speed fan resistor and it tested out ok. It sounded like it was the high-speed fan, but not sure. The engine is too hot right now to check the ECT. Its hard to believe the ECT is bad after only 1 year? Should I try a lower temp t-stat. I am not sure what is currently installed.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Let the engine cool down. Then do the wiggle test for the connectors at the ECT sensor and Temperature Gauge Sender Unit.

Yellow Circle-ECT Sensor **** Blue Circle-Temperature Gauge Sender Unit

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/10/06 01:09 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Did you verify there were 2 speeds (see my post on page 2 of one of Tony's links within a link ) Fan diagram/procedure

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard