Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I guess I was playing too hard around corners. Yesterday I was taking a turn tight and heard a thud and then my heart made the same noise . I ripped the rear sub frame I did a good job. I just went to Bat Inc sight and was going to order the rear sub frame. I was wondering if you guys had any cheaper ideas for fixing this also If you think the parts worth the money . Sorry it�s been so long since I have posted but I am still a live and kicking.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I just did the same thing. I slightly cracked the subframe near where the screw hold the sway bar bracket. I was planning on just welding and reinforcing (boxing in) the subframe. I have an friend who can weld, and he might do it for me. The only problem is he cant weld aluminum.

Does anybody know what metal the subframe is made out of?

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
not aluminum, most likely some sort of steel

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BrApple:
not aluminum, most likely some sort of steel

[Phil Hartman impersonating Johnny Carson's sidekick voice]You are correct sir. [/Phil Hartman impersonating Johnny Carson's sidekick voice]

Run of the mill mild steel.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
I just did the same thing. I slightly cracked the subframe near where the screw hold the sway bar bracket. I was planning on just welding and reinforcing (boxing in) the subframe. I have an friend who can weld, and he might do it for me. The only problem is he cant weld aluminum.

Does anybody know what metal the subframe is made out of?

There is no way a Contour's subframe is made of aluminum. Your friend will be able to weld it.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
the only issue he will run into that might scare him is the closeness of teh gas tank.

hey brian...you ever gonna come pick up your mesh?
hehe

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
we will pull the subframe off and box it in like CEG says you should.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard