Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I'm self employed. I'm always excited that I might make more money than I spend but that never happens. My retirement account and property are my only investments.

I've heard that most people spend all that they make and most people are in debt.

How is your financial situation? Do you ever make more than you spend?

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I've been down the "in debt" (mainly all credit cards) road and plan on never going back. All that I have for payments is rent, car payment & insurance. I have recently eliminated all credit card debt and refuse to use them ever again. I hate oweing companies or banks money plus having all this extra cash is very nice.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
It's up and down.
I'll save up and then find something to blow a chunk of it on, especially since owning a house.
My husband is usually the one spending all my darn money.

My only debt is the house and the truck. I use credit cards, but I pay off the bill right away, so it's just easier than cash for me.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Depends for me as well. Usually I do rather well each month, and end up saving a good chunk since everything I have outgoing is low-cost.

$600 / mo in rent
$400 / mo in misc bills
$100 / mo in car insurance

That's it for my outgoing bills, besides food and misc money I blow. This past month hurt a bit, however. I normally bring in over $5k a month in profit from one of my companies, but this past month I only brought in $1500 -- quite a difference and was totally unexpected. Good thing I had no major expenses planned for this month.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
"I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
doing nicely, if only the Govt would leave me some damn moeny in my check I'd be a much happier person

We have 0 debt

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
My money goes about 3' before I run out.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thankfully I have been able to work crazy OT lately. I'm down to $1'300 in CC debt from about $10,000, and I have car payments 'til next February. Then it is time to buy a house and be in debt for 30 years...

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
im doin alright, about 800 on a credit card, thats all i have for debt at the moment - trying to save for school.

Bills (monthly)

mutual fund 100.00
insurance 200.00 (life, auto and property)
internet 50.00 (gettin hosed for being in a rural area)
phone 15.00 (pay as ya go cell)
gas 300.00
food 250.00
=915.00

rent is free! thanks to pops, but i will being moving in with the gf in november, so i will get rent, hydro, cable, and home phone added to the other stuff.

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy:
"I'm in debt up to my eyeballs!"

somebody help me!!

im not in debt at this particular point im my life
but that being said

unless your very high up in a company or your bill gates

theres always going to be something your going to invest in sooner or later and investing for most people means going into debt

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard