Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
The one I got for $10 is a ABC extinguisher, meaning I could use it on any type of fire. I figure it is good to have incase I came across a fire, or something like a seat caught fire. Keep in mind with a BC extinguisher (as the chrome ones are), you could only put out gas or electrical fires. Something simple like a short in a seat that sets upolstry on fire can't be put out by a BC; you'll just stand there and watch it burn. The big difference is ABC dry chem is harder to clean up then BC chem, but after a fire, I'd just be glad I had the means to put it out. $10 is a very good investment and could very well save someone else's, or your own life. Just keep that in mind the differnce between $10 and $70+ for something that sits in your trunk...

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I've got one too. It's in the trunk with the spare under the mat. I never got around to mounting it proper like.

For Sale 98+ SVT gauge cluster '98 Mystique LS 2.5l 5spd
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Don't have me any NOS, or racing parts in my ride so no need for a fire extinguisher. I do however, carry an umbrella as well as my handy tool kit.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Kinda funny story I heard today...

So my coworker made Staff (the Air Force 06E5 list came out today for all those E4s that tested in April), so you know, calls home to the family. He's got a line number of over 9,000 (so not sewing on till like this time next year).

Apparantly his cousin got in a car accident... Modified car that lost control while being stupid. Totalled his cousin's car, who was unhurt.

Modded car went into the ditch, then the guy jumps out of the car and runs like hell. Couple seconds later they saw flames, then the car blew up!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Kinda funny story I heard today...

So my coworker made Staff (the Air Force 06E5 list came out today for all those E4s that tested in April), so you know, calls home to the family. He's got a line number of over 9,000 (so not sewing on till like this time next year).

Apparantly his cousin got in a car accident... Modified car that lost control while being stupid. Totalled his cousin's car, who was unhurt.

Modded car went into the ditch, then the guy jumps out of the car and runs like hell. Couple seconds later they saw flames, then the car blew up!

He-he. He-he. aaaaaaahhh. yeah. Laugh-a-minute.

Guess they can laugh about it, now.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Dont have one but should get one just to be safe. You never know what can happen.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I've got one under the mat in the trunk of the SVT. I went and got a kitchen sized one from Wal-Mart. If that can't put out the fire, then my car will be toast anyways.

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by BlackE1:
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
Originally posted by BlackE1:
I got one at Wal-Mart since I have changed a bunch of the electronics (stereo and lights).

They did carry a silver one as well.

i have the same one (probably). its made by Kiddie and is for electrical fires but also does flammible liquids iirc. although i was told that one of these "little" fire extinguishers would do nothing against a fuel fire.

well the little one was like $10, maybe just get a bigger version for like $30?

i have a decent sized one, not the little show car size model. but from what ive been told, once fuel catches on fire you had better just run like hell cuz there is nothing that you will be able to do to stop it. this was mainly pertaining to my fuel rail leakage issues i was having on my 3L.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard