kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
ive had one since ive bought the car

+1

My car kit came with one, i want to mount it inside the interior tho, just in case.

Nitrous tends to be a bigger problem with fires..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
I went to autozone to get a fire extinguisher and they had this little bitty one maybe might put out a cigarette if saw one. I looked on ebay nothing much for cars. I like to find a polished on maybe chrome or so. It would look good in the trunk plus I really hate 20k in mods go up in smoke when insuance will only cover my car maybe worth 6000 a fourth of parts in the car.

I read about some that eat up wires real bad and destroy the car even worse then before. I love to have the built in fire system with pull handles but they are like 500 buck at the average.

I bet someone out there has a story or two about electrical fires or fuel ones.

Why don't you get a policy that will cover the extra 20K in modifications in your car? Talk to your insurance company about covering the extra stuff in your car, I bet they will...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
There are bigger extinguishers that are "permanent," as in you need to run some piping to wherever you think the fire would be at (engine compartment), so that when you push a button or pull the pin in the trunk, it douses the flames.

Summit

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
There are bigger extinguishers that are "permanent," as in you need to run some piping to wherever you think the fire would be at (engine compartment), so that when you push a button or pull the pin in the trunk, it douses the flames.

Summit

Um, yeah, didn't you notice that Burrita mentioned these in his initial post?

Anyway, we use the "permanent" hard mounted systems in our race cars, and have been very happy with them, mostly because we have never needed to set one off. Though, our body shop did release one on accident one time. That sucked because we had to replace the bottle and it wasn't cheap.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by BlackE1:
I got one at Wal-Mart since I have changed a bunch of the electronics (stereo and lights).

They did carry a silver one as well.

i have the same one (probably). its made by Kiddie and is for electrical fires but also does flammible liquids iirc. while i was having some fuel rail isssues in my car (like Steve) i was carrying one around, and scared to death. although i was told that one of these "little" fire extinguishers would do nothing against a fuel fire. (maybe a full size one like you'd have at a school?)

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
I got one at Wal-Mart since I have changed a bunch of the electronics (stereo and lights).

They did carry a silver one as well.

i have the same one (probably). its made by Kiddie and is for electrical fires but also does flammible liquids iirc. although i was told that one of these "little" fire extinguishers would do nothing against a fuel fire.

well the little one was like $10, maybe just get a bigger version for like $30?

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
well the little one was like $10, maybe just get a bigger version for like $30?

Purpose built for automotive applications:

Click-it

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The class BC tells you what type of fire it is for. I looked at an automotive class BC and one that was a regular class BC extinguisher. They were the same including the dry chemical they used, only difference was the automotive one came with a mounting plate, a higher price, and was labeled differently on the out side of the box.

I could be wrong but looking at the web site below it seems that it should work for automotive use.

classification of extinguishers: web page

EDIT: Mine must be class ABC and I thought it was only a BC, i will check after work.

Last edited by BlackE1; 08/09/06 05:33 PM.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Rara:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Summit

Um, yeah, didn't you notice that Burrita mentioned these in his initial post?

Guess not...

Read about fire extinguishers here on Wikipedia.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard