Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I am tring to install my svt lower intake and fuel rail. just as I have read many times it is time for me to extend the fuel lines to match up with the lower intake after couple hours of looking at the car I haven't came up with any creative ways to do this

The only thing I could find by searchin is one guy said he bent the factory lines a bit to work... started doing this decided if there was another way probably should go that route.

So if anyone could help me out here I would appreciate it. I have had the 3.0 in for almost a yr now babyin it because I hadn't changed the lower, upper or throttle body. so I have been running the stock 17# injectors and it is time for me to get this thing finished and tuned... granted I haven't put alot of mileage on it i know soon enough I am gonna screw something up.

So long story short

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
You can pick up some rubber fuel line (3/8" IIRC). Cut the old lines off where they come from the steel lines up under the master cylinder and the fittings off the end where they go back to the LIM.

Use hose clamps on each end and connect it up with the old fittings. IIRC you'll need about 2.5 ft of fuel line.

That's what I did at first anyway.

I'll put holes in him!!
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
thats what you did at first but did you come up with a better way?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I ended up doing this as well. I just bought some fuel line at NAPA.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
ok so i got this right i just need to go buy some 3/8 fuel line cut the line at the metal fuel line under the master cylinder and then cut before the connectors and then put the hose on and clamp it down. how much room did you give before the connectors

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
That's what I did the first time when I put the 3L in my 95 SE. I now have the same motor in a 98.5 SVT. No need to change the lines.

As far as how long you need them, just measure how much you're short now and add a little more for engine movements sake.

IIRC, I made each line about 1.5 feet long or so. But that was 3 or 4 years ago.

I'll put holes in him!!
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
thanks for the info will be doing this tomorrow.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Just make damn sure it's fuel injection hose and not the regular low pressure fuel line (most will give you ) that costs only ~$1 a foot. If not then expect problems!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
IIRC, the stuff I had was rated at about 100-150 PSI or something. It was def fuel injection hose.

I'll put holes in him!!

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard