OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by linuxglobal:
whats a TPS????

T position sensor?

Throttle position sensor

If the car runs perfectly above idle, its something in ur timing, either a broken tensioner or idler that mulching up the belt. Remove the timing belt cover and just take a look, if the belt is cut, scratched or u see excess rubber in there. Get the timing belt / tensioner/ idlers replaced.

All timing belt components are brand new, Im confident nothing there is the source of the problem. PCV valve is brand new also.

Starting to think its something Im gonna have to live with

Last edited by CRZYDRVR; 08/12/06 01:04 AM.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
#1626354 08/12/06 03:45 AM
L
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
L
Remove timing belt cover and take a look.

If u see anything in there (ie dust) youre screwed.

Just have a look, mine ran great but stalled at the lights with a messed up idler (its at the very bottom) but it was messed, ball bearings all over the place.

If not just get a local shop to look at it. Replacing odds and ends will just run up ur bill for no reason. I tried the cam position sensor but no luck. Most sensors will come under the check engine light.

My car stalled on the highway, no codes LOL. Now its all better, i found why it was runnign offcenter. One of the idlers (that bottom crap unit) seems to be fault, so im getting a new one and getting a local mechanic friend of mine to help me install it properly.

Good luck guys.

#1626355 08/12/06 11:12 AM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I always had dust in mine (had adjustable cam gear and no cover)

Anyway my car always did it, despite the fact during its 140k life (until I sold it) I never changed the PCV valve and never replaced any of the idler pullies for the timing belt.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
#1626356 08/12/06 03:16 PM
L
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
L
my car hasnt done this yet. It has about 108k right now. It ran perfectly until this little incident.

Otherwise its great for a little 4 inline. Engine sounds better than most imports IMO. Ive never really abused it tho, so that may be why.

Did u supercharger urs?? must been quite a bit of fun to drive LOL..

BTW hows the evo? Great car for the money?

I was looking for a honda civic si for my mom (the contour is hers). But I like the look of the evo as well.

Hopefully i can get the contour running to sell it off, its amazing that that body is in excellent shape. Just finished up the headlights (im a retrofitter) but otherwise no damange or rust on the body parts.

#1626357 08/12/06 04:51 PM
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
my car hasnt done this yet. It has about 108k right now. It ran perfectly until this little incident.

Otherwise its great for a little 4 inline. Engine sounds better than most imports IMO. Ive never really abused it tho, so that may be why.

Did u supercharger urs?? must been quite a bit of fun to drive LOL..

BTW hows the evo? Great car for the money?

I was looking for a honda civic si for my mom (the contour is hers). But I like the look of the evo as well.

Hopefully i can get the contour running to sell it off, its amazing that that body is in excellent shape. Just finished up the headlights (im a retrofitter) but otherwise no damange or rust on the body parts.

Yes I put a Jackson Racing supercharger on it...first one. With a Mustang GT MAF, 42# injectors, CTA intake, 2.6" pulley, custom chip, and 4-1 header/custom exhaust I made 160 WHP with my auto (about 70 more WHP than stock). It was fun.

As far as the Evo, it is a definite step up from the Contour. I mean everything. Not to mention I got it for a steal. It has some mods already....and is getting faster and faster.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard