Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I know it can be done, just looking to find two things, which car off the junk yard is recommended to grab that mirror from, and secondly how would installation work? Would I juts take the mirror, or take the mirror + whatever the mirror is wired to? Please let me know, because I'm going there tomorrow, thanks in advanced guys.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i know someone on here took one off of a chrysler 300M??? it was some kind of Chrysler product.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ok, here's the deal with the "Gentex" mirror. BTW, that is the company that makes most of the OEM electrochromatic mirrors, plus they throw extra features on there.

Now... here's the fun part!

You will find this mirror in nearly all higher end GM products... Watch out, because if you get it from a CAR, it will probly only be a compass mirror due to the car more than likely having an outside temp readout on the dash.

Now GM trucks (including Suburbans and Vans), on the other hand, will have the compass/temp mirror.

Read my thread in Aesthetics for more information...

Also, if you're getting this off a junked car... don't forget to take:
  • Harness (cut the cable as long as possible!)
  • Temp sensor (under the hood... you'll have to find it, though!)

The harness to the mirror is NOT AVAILABLE, so make sure you get it!

• Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/08/06 11:57 PM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
    M
    Veteran CEG\'er
    OP Offline
    Veteran CEG\'er
    M
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
    Ok, here's the deal with the "Gentex" mirror. BTW, that is the company that makes most of the OEM electrochromatic mirrors, plus they throw extra features on there.

Now... here's the fun part!

You will find this mirror in nearly all higher end GM products... Watch out, because if you get it from a CAR, it will probly only be a compass mirror due to the car more than likely having an outside temp readout on the dash.

Now GM trucks (including Suburbans and Vans), on the other hand, will have the compass/temp mirror.

Read my thread in Aesthetics for more information...

Also, if you're getting this off a junked car... don't forget to take:
  • Harness (cut the cable as long as possible!)
  • Temp sensor (under the hood... you'll have to find it, though!)

The harness to the mirror is NOT AVAILABLE, so make sure you get it!

• Thank you so much, I'll be looking to grab one of these, and yes GM does make them, we have one in our Vue redline, but I was thinking of grabbing one off a crown victoria or something .

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
    B
    Hard-core CEG\'er
    Hard-core CEG\'er
    B
    Originally posted by m4gician:
    Thank you so much, I'll be looking to grab one of these, and yes GM does make them, we have one in our Vue redline, but I was thinking of grabbing one off a crown victoria or something .

I wish I could find a list of vehicles that carried them as factory options... would make it easier for people in U-Pull yards.

Guess I can start my own list:

GM Full Size Trucks/Vans/SUVs
    Ford ?
    Chrysler 300M

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard