Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bullion Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I finally got around to looking for the AC leak on my 98 SVT. I check the accumulator like everyone said and it appears that I too have a rusted out accumulator (at least I can see some dye that came out from the side of it). Any ways, my question is...is the accumulator a difficult part to repair or can I easily do it myself. Also, how much can I expect to pay for this part? Finally, if I do replace it myself, are there any precautions to take or is it as simple as unbloting the old one and bolting on the new one?

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Easy fix and not expensive. I just did mine.

Remove the battery and battery tray. Loosen the screw that clamps the drier into the bracket. Disconnect A/C lines with the Ford A/C/Fuel disconnect tool and unplug sensor.

Team Ford price - $66.71
Dealer - $107.61

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If there is any refrigerant in the system, you should take the car to an A/C shop and have them suck it out. It's better for the environment and is also a legal requirement.

Before recharging the system, you need to suck the system down to get rid of any air and moisture. The system will not cool properly if you try to recharge it without sucking it down.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard