Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1625304 08/07/06 03:56 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I have a brake issue. My brakes are dragging (all 4) to a point where the car
stops. I have to release the pressure via the master cylinder to get the brakes to release. I replaced the brake booster(because the pedal was up all the way and very hard). I have disconnected the booster now just to make sure that it is not a booster problem. I have replaced the back components(calipers/pads/rotors) and the front have new parts as well. The antilock light is on(due to the right back sprocket coming off)so I pulled the fuse in the engine compartment to see if it is an antilock problem. It did not release the brakes(it just made my interior blower not work). The only time that the pressure was released was when I did it at the master cylinder. Is there a release valve inside of the master cylinder that releases the pressure? Why is my pedal progressivly harder the longer I drive the car?(or is it just getting harder the more I use the brakes due to a building of pressure from a bad master cylinder?). What else can this be? I am out of answers. Please let me know if anyone else has heard of this problem-
M

#1625305 08/08/06 02:20 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The only time I have seen that problem it was due to oil contamination in the brake fluid causing the rubber parts in the master cylinder and calipers/wheel cylinders.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
#1625306 08/08/06 02:37 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
You might want to check the proportioning valve.
The lines from the master go to this to regulate the pressures to each wheel.

For Sale 98+ SVT gauge cluster '98 Mystique LS 2.5l 5spd

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard