Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
Hello all~!
My name is Luke from Boulder Colorado. I have always been a huge fan of SVT contours but have never made that leap to get into one. I've been driving a Probe GT, and while its still a kick in the pants to drive i'm finally serious about selling it for a SVT. I found a 99 SVT w/ a Vortech S-Trim S/C on it w/ 85K miles for 7800. Being an active member on the Probe forums we try to help new members find the niches to our cars and simple fyi's before you purchase one and what to look for. Does anyone have any advice, pointers or suggestions? I look forward to pursuing a contour...seems like a riot
-L

"Dream as though you'll live forever, live a though you'll die today" -James Dean Live it, learn it and love it.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Welcome!

Advice: Read all the FAQs and stickies in each section. Don't forget to check the main site and read the how-to's and trouble-shooting pages. Lastly, and probably most importantly, the search function is your friend! Keep in mind when you search, you have a choice between the active forum and archives. DON'T FORGET TO SEARCH THE ARCHIVES if you come up empty with a forum search.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
S
OP Offline
S
I've been doing that, dont worry i know how is goes on forums. I've been doing a lot of research and thats why im' here today!!! Now to find Colorado contours...
-L

"Dream as though you'll live forever, live a though you'll die today" -James Dean Live it, learn it and love it.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Good for you! Be sure to post pics of the new ride once you get it. We're suckers for pics!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
S
OP Offline
S
I'm going to see if he can get me some pics today...i'll be giving up 2 cars for this one...it will be a big decision!
-L

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Sell me the vortech!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'm going to start off and give you advice like they're giving me on the Nissan boards about an SE-R Spec V I'm looking at...

Not worth it. My car has had too many CELs to count and burns oil like crazy, and only books at $2000.

-AND-

Don't get it.

Not gonna give you any reasons on why, even though I asked for reasons.

Seriously, though... I don't know how a Probe is, but a Contour is a finicky car that needs TLC, or it will bite you...

And no, my car doesn't burn oil! It leaks it, though

...however, that's caused by a previous mod... which was the Vortec S/C that is now gone.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Best advice I can give? Buy my car!!!!

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
S
OP Offline
S
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
I'm going to start off and give you advice like they're giving me on the Nissan boards about an SE-R Spec V I'm looking at...

Not gonna give you any reasons on why, even though I asked for reasons.

Seriously, though... I don't know how a Probe is, but a Contour is a finicky car that needs TLC, or it will bite you...

And no, my car doesn't burn oil! It leaks it, though

...however, that's caused by a previous mod... which was the Vortec S/C that is now gone.

So how does the advice Nissan guys give you apply to me? I'm a bit confused without any reasons.

Any car can be finiky, but you can also have reliable boosted transportation without drivablity issues. As long as you dont tip scales and push limits and do everything with quality in mind you'll be ok. I had a Probe GT with a Grand National turbo (non intercooled) pushing 268 to the wheels (7.5 psi) getting 25mpg as a daily driver with NO cels...then it got popped by a navigator.

Thanks for your advice tho..just dont see any reason in it.
-L

Oh and Plance1....i have not purchased anything yet! Have a link?

Last edited by scaryfast; 08/07/06 05:54 PM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome Scaryfast .

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard