Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
One last try here-could this be the wires? they are original with the car althought the plugs are 2 years old and fuel filter was changed about 2 months ago. It was strange, going to work today as it was warming up on the drive the power would kinda surge, like as you keep the gas constatnt it would just kinda surge. I really don't know how else to explain it. Kinda like being softly hit from behind about twice a second. its done that before numerous times. strange. It is better performance wise but could still be better. I've come to the conclusion taht its basically unfixable because no one seems to know what it is. All this stupid tech they put in this engine..... Oh well, hopefully I will get better gas mileage on the way back home then I did comeing here.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Teenage Contour:
...It was strange, going to work today as it was warming up on the drive the power would kinda surge, like as you keep the gas constatnt it would just kinda surge. I really don't know how else to explain it. Kinda like being softly hit from behind about twice a second. its done that before numerous times. ...

Massive vacuum leaks could cause that. Check for loose or broken hose.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Well, checked yesterday for vacuum leaks and didn't find any but there could very well be a hose that I missed as it did the same thing today. once it warm it was better and merged fine into traffic. Oh well. I thank you for your help Tony and others that helped me too. I leave today and its running better than before, btu not where it should be but oh well, I can't really do anything about it. I'll let ya guys know how it goes when I get back to I Falls, MN.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Teenage Contour:
...I leave today and its running better than before, btu not where it should be but oh well, I can't really do anything about it. I'll let ya guys know how it goes when I get back to I Falls, MN.

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
any updates?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard