Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
OK, I have had this code pop up about 10 tens since I got the car running in May... I clear it with my scanner and it keeps coming back, usually after I push the motor to 6k rpms, and its usually 80+ degrees outside...
anyway, I did check the O2 sensor and it had a cracked element, so I switched it with a early '99 Cougar O2 from the same position in the y-pipe (bank 1 sensor 2), which also had MILS on it, but I still get the code... Checked that sensor and it had 2 frayed wires, so I "fixed" it as best as I could, and the light still pops on !!

I have just pulled the motor 3 days ago, and I will be tracing the O2 sensor wires all the way through the harness to check for any other damage, but I really think it just has to do with the Sensor itself, considering both were sligthly damaged already...

What do you guys think, and would it be best to just replace the sensor, put the MILs on it, and see what happens???

thanks for the help!

Hi, I'm a Cougar owner, but I'm visiting your site today...! and Now I own a SVT Contour, too!!! Build # 6291
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by aircougar:
...What do you guys think, and would it be best to just replace the sensor, put the MILs on it, and see what happens???

Check in this order,(1) Connector or wiring (2) Mileliminator (3) Sensor.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard