Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1625127 08/07/06 04:10 AM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
You people need to get on. I know there are Halo 2 Live players on here. I am bored and none of my friends want to get on toniight. I got off work a while ago and my g/f isnt here to bother me tonight.

So if you are any good (good enough to hang level 20-30+ snipers) message me wylde nyn, and lets play some snipers!

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
#1625128 08/07/06 04:41 AM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I just got on this last Monday. I suck hardcore though. I'm only at level 10, and I'm pretty sure that's mostly through luck.

I had a really crappy off-brand controller, as my xbox controllers both have something wrong with them. One has a thumbstick that turns right very slowly, so I have to turn left all the time. The other has a bum cable. I finally broke down yesterday and dropped $40 on a Logitec wireless, and man, it's like night and day! The only problem with it is that it's the small layout. My old controllers were the original large ones, and since I have big hands I have a HUGE learning curve with the new controller. I'm still hitting the wrong buttons, but it's getting better.

If you have any interest in fragging the crap out of me, I'm on as 'IRingTwyce.' I'm registered on the xbox live website as well, so you can catch me through there if not while I'm actually playing.

ps....if anyone is interested, I LOVE to dogfight on Crimson Skies!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1625129 08/07/06 05:03 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I cancled the subscription to my xbox live. I never used it much any more. I was a lvl 28 on halo 2 and had it up to 33 but I didn't care much for it any more and started losing. The games I'm playing now are Oblivion and Battle Field 2, its hard to choose now what to play or not.

BTW, I'm borrowing my friends 360 since he's on vaction for a month, so I don't own a 360 yet, but might later on.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
#1625130 08/07/06 10:49 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i cancelled my acount quite a while back due to lack of interest. i was at a level 42 mainly sniping. just got boring with all the cheaters and glitchers.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
#1625131 08/07/06 02:42 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Is there any way to tell for certain when someone's cheating? I know it seems like it when I unload 2 full MP5 clips into someone and after I'm empty they put me down with one shot. I don't know when to attribute it to cheating, and when it's just me sucking hardcore. Maybe that's why I enjoy some of the older games that people are less likely to cheat at. I can play Crimson Skies for hours, and Mech Assault is always fun too. I will usually drop out of a match and look for another if it seems I'm being beat down ridiculously often by someone 8 levels below me. I find it suspicious, and it's definitely not fun. Again, I just can't tell how much is me being bad and what is potential cheating.

I think xBox live is such a great deal that you just can't pass it up. It's $5 a month, for crying out loud! It's less than one fast food combo. In my mind, if you're on it for even one hour a month, it's paid for itself.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
#1625132 08/07/06 02:56 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I do love me lots of Halo2 on XBox live. However, I'm moving in to my new apartment and have a lot of work to do to get settled in, so it could be a while till I'm on again. Name is The Woodster. As far as cheating goes Nazi, I often times want to believe people are cheating in the way you say they are, but I don't think I've ever really seen anyone who was able to hack the Xbox in order to just give them more health or better shields or invincibility. The main ways you'll find people cheating are:

Standby- This is where they control the internet connection, and they make everybody lag out so they can't control their player and their screen freezes. Meanwhile, the cheater is going around seeing the frozen people and just killing them easy as pie. Probably the most common. It will be very obvious when someone is doing this, whenever they see someone/get in trouble, everybody will lag out, you can look at the connection status, and everyone's will be red/yellow and his will be a nice full green bar. This will happen repeatedly during a game from the same person.

Speed Hack- This is where they just zoom around the map at Mach 2.5. It's reaaallly obvious, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Headshot Hack- This is when every shot they take is an instant headshot. Don't confuse this with lucky friggin bastards who just get a few in a row on you. Headshot cheaters will get EVERY one, and INSTANTLY when they spot you. Another relatively obvious one.

Spawn Hack- This is where the cheater causes you to spawn in one spot, so your whole team spawns in the same spot. Then the cheater uses a map hack and is right next to you the second you spawn, usually he has his headshot hack on too, and he'll kill you before you even drop to the ground. It sux, just throw nades or quit.

Map Hax- This is of quite a bit debate, but you can map glitch into certain areas of the map. While I think this is fun as [censored] for dick around games, it's stupid as hell when people do it in serious ranked games, IMHO. You can't play a proper snipe map when you have 3 guys all around you, and you're distracted by the 1 guy that's on top of the map. You're never going to come out on top against something like that. But it is fun to mess around with on your free time.

So, that's my long winded description of cheating. Usually, I'll just quit if it's obvious, or if I'm on his team and he's standbying, I'll suicide or try to get myself killed by the other team, so that it negates his cheat kills. They get PRETTY upset with that one, but that's why it's just so fun. I have no tolerance for that bullish. Friggin' weak as hell and they can go back to their counterstrike if they're going to pull that crap.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
#1625133 08/07/06 03:15 PM
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:

Speed Hack- This is where they just zoom around the map at Mach 2.5. It's reaaallly obvious, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Map Hax- This is of quite a bit debate, but you can map glitch into certain areas of the map. While I think this is fun as [censored] for dick around games, it's stupid as hell when people do it in serious ranked games, IMHO. You can't play a proper snipe map when you have 3 guys all around you, and you're distracted by the 1 guy that's on top of the map. You're never going to come out on top against something like that. But it is fun to mess around with on your free time.

The speed one is funny, totally pointless to me though! I guess if you had the sword it would be useful. . .

Superjump rules!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
#1625134 08/07/06 03:28 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Standby- This is where they control the internet connection, and they make everybody lag out so they can't control their player and their screen freezes. Meanwhile, the cheater is going around seeing the frozen people and just killing them easy as pie. Probably the most common. It will be very obvious when someone is doing this, whenever they see someone/get in trouble, everybody will lag out, you can look at the connection status, and everyone's will be red/yellow and his will be a nice full green bar. This will happen repeatedly during a game from the same person.

I think I got hit by one of these yesterday. I was coming up on someone, still a ways off, getting ready to shoot. Goes to the blue screen of death, and when the game reloads, I'm dead. Checking the connection status - pause button, right? I can't ever seem to remember the connection status showing when I hit that, just current kill stats.

So far I've restricted my feedback to reporting people using the F-bomb and N-bomb, but I'll be keeping an eye out for the things you listed. Thanks for the list!

#1625135 08/07/06 05:04 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I hate the players that know you're a newbie and still wax you every second they see you. Like they're trying to prove that they're better

All it tells me is that they have no life except Xbox Live.

Now if I ever were to get on this... I'd hook up a keyboard and mouse... then let em try to get me!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1625136 08/07/06 05:37 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I don't see a keyboard and mouse being any easier. There are things that you need two hands to do, that you can do with an X-box controller, but not with a keyboard and mouse. Like crouching. You can hold down on the left joystick, and still keep walking. Two functions with your thumb. That'd be pretty tough to do with a keyboard, and still be able to maneuver, throw grenades, and shoot.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard