Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Well, it's been six and a half years since I took delivery on my Contour...and what a ride it's been.

First off, I would like to thank all for the website. While my posts are low, I used to post pretty heavily on the old forum. I was even lucky enough to get in the top few registrations when the new site came up. Unfortunately with everyone telling others to use the search button...I did just that and never found a reason to post much since. Besides that, I�ve always been lurking around, checking out other pics, reading other posts, etc. Finally, I would also like to thank others I have met�received help by�and returned help too. Everyone�s been a true class act.

As for my contributions�well, I�ve helped plenty of people in past. Installing short shifters, strut braces, fuel doors�you name it. My garage has been open, and it was hard for others to beat the free labor. I also added some cool pics to this website over the years. Here are some of my favorites�

As for the car...it's been a dream ride. Honestly, other than an issue with the ball joint at 10K (covered under warranty), and a fuel pump issue at 50K (fixed myself with the help of this site for $80), the car has relatively been trouble free. Sure there were a couple corks here and there�oh yeah, and 7 full sets of tires One thing I always knew, when putting the key in the ignition, the car would always start and I always made my destination. Can�t ask for more�

With that, I take delivery on a new car Monday evening. I�ve got most of the paperwork signed, they just need to pull the car out of the center of showroom . I found the car as a natural progression from the car I had�and while I�m holding off on telling you what it is, I�m hoping to get a little envy from some (at least as much as I�ve had from others buying new cars here).

So I leave my car with a somber heart and recall on how well it�s held up. While fast when I bought it, by today�s standards it seems to fall in the pack�what can I say, the nostalgia is gone. But honestly, the exclusivity was really where it�s been. The compliments I�ve received were always positive and the vehicle was always fun to drive. Finally, here are a few shots I took a month back�

I�ll post some pics of the new ride coming later on�thanks for the memories.

Officially a troll�
Joey

Joey 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Black Cherry 2004 Jeep Renegade Black ------------------------------- 2000 SVT Black #1811 of 2150 Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Mazdaspeed6?

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Seems like there is a shift going on at ceg with the original posters selling their tours and "trading up", and the new kids on the blocks like me who found the CSVT to be a great car for the money.

But 7 sets of tires? Do you roast em or just drive alot?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ah so you took that first picture. I always wondered - it was my desktop background for a short time in 2001 or 2002.

Congrats on the new purchase, though sad to see the SVT go. I'd consider a BMW 3-series a "natural progression" from the Contour so I'm now curious to see what you think is!

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Just out of curiosity, where in Pittsburgh are you? I've never seen your car around. I'm in the south hills area.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MAZDASPEED:
Mazdaspeed6?

Hmmmm....would that be a car to envy?

Joey 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Black Cherry 2004 Jeep Renegade Black ------------------------------- 2000 SVT Black #1811 of 2150 Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Rouar:
Ah so you took that first picture. I always wondered - it was my desktop background for a short time in 2001 or 2002.

Congrats on the new purchase, though sad to see the SVT go. I'd consider a BMW 3-series a "natural progression" from the Contour so I'm now curious to see what you think is!

I'm honored you liked the pic...

3 series, no...an M would be the limited production though.

J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
Just out of curiosity, where in Pittsburgh are you? I've never seen your car around. I'm in the south hills area.

North Hills...so that's probably why. I don't make my way down there much.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Great pics....good luck with the new ride. Cant wait for pics.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Good looking car. I like the Comp Lites! Good luck with your new car.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard