Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by BlackE1:
My point is if people don't experiment and try new things none of the mods and such on this site would have even evolved.

I agree. And I'm glad to see the experimenting continuing. There are more good things to come....

Your right if nobody has ever tried any performance on this platform. But thousands of people are out there desinging and creating new ways to produce more power. The major area's of creating power has been discorverd. It's only making them better is what people are doing. Ideas are there. The rest of the people are making up retarded ideas to making power. Tornado, resistors, electric superhargers thomas knight has one, cheap mufflers etc. Making an air intake turn right over left. Is little to nothing as of importance to making more power. Even if you made 1 hp it is waste of money and time.

Buying a ebay fan and putting it in front of ram air intake that is made from hoses etc, is not experimenting. It's called rigging. Unless you think it's genious to put a ebay fan infront our your intake. No disrespect but I hope you do well modding your cars. Cause rigging is poor experimentation that is not safe for everyday driving.

Black your car is sweet and i agree with what your saying to a point. Spending 500 dollars and bragging about it, while putting down svt . Is just retarded and disrespectful.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Harrry:

Buying a ebay fan and putting it in front of ram air intake that is made from hoses etc, is not experimenting. It's called rigging. Unless you think it's genius to put a ebay fan in front our your intake. No disrespect but I hope you do well modding your cars. Cause rigging is poor experimentation that is not safe for everyday driving.

He has made it clear that the fan was not bought off ebay, nor was he using it as a super charger. He was only trying to create an actual driving scenario, which I agree with you is not realistic for a dyno.
Maddmike2: â??The Ram air is going to be installed now that I see that it has proven to be effective, the fan was placed at the opening to simulate the car moving down the road.â?

Black your car is sweet and i agree with what your saying to a point. Spending 500 dollars and bragging about it, while putting down svt . Is just retarded and disrespectful.

Maddmike2: â??I'm not knocking SVT partsâ?
I believe he is using SVT parts on his car and he cleared it up in further posts that he is not putting down SVT.

I am just stating the facts that are in this thread and not trying to be disrespectful.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by BlackE1:
My point is if people don't experiment and try new things none of the mods and such on this site would have even evolved.

I agree. And I'm glad to see the experimenting continuing. There are more good things to come....

Your right if nobody has ever tried any performance on this platform. But thousands of people are out there desinging and creating new ways to produce more power. The major area's of creating power has been discorverd. It's only making them better is what people are doing. Ideas are there. The rest of the people are making up retarded ideas to making power. Tornado, resistors, electric superhargers thomas knight has one, cheap mufflers etc. Making an air intake turn right over left. Is little to nothing as of importance to making more power. Even if you made 1 hp it is waste of money and time.

Buying a ebay fan and putting it in front of ram air intake that is made from hoses etc, is not experimenting. It's called rigging. Unless you think it's genious to put a ebay fan infront our your intake. No disrespect but I hope you do well modding your cars. Cause rigging is poor experimentation that is not safe for everyday driving.

You might want to try reading my post, not reading what someone else said I posted and commenting on it. Last time I type this, I did not get a fan off e-bay. Also the Ram Air when installed will be safe for everyday use. And as a last point after looking at the designs of any of the aftermarket exhaust for the the Contour they are using V-8 technology and thinking. E-mail any of them or call their tech lines and ask them how they tested their designs and what engine their mufflers were originaly designed for. Mine works and I can prove it with Dyno numbers. Oh by the way, the Dyno sheet is posted on FCO.

98 Tropic Green Contour 2.5 MTX
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard