Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by MaddMike2:
Originally posted by Rickson:
Originally posted by Tourige:
ill negate the 171hp because you used a damn fan on the intake..

Yeah the 171 is not a standard make of power. IT was a 1 time on a dyno power gain. You shouldn't use that as a refernce. Do you always use this mack up ram intake kit? Oh was your hood open during this also?

Answered the first part already, Yes the hood was open it has to be to hook up the sensors for the Dyno.

If you discount the 171 it still made 167HP!!!

That is with no headers, no fancy air intake system, pre-cats intact, home made single exhaust utilizing an off the shelf Maramont converter and a Vortex V-Baffle muffler, Not a FlowMaster, not a Magniflow, not a Borla or any other high buck cat or muffler. also I will note that contrary to to some peoples opinions I did not need a $500 dollar computer tune to make this stuff work. The car is a daily driver and still gets 30mpg.

The ram air and fan showed that it will respond to more air so that will be next. I will do it the cheapest way I can with out using SVT parts so stay tuned.

Your car sounds like it's built by a back yard mechanic with cheap ebay parts.

Like map said don't update us!!!!

You don't need a 500 dollar tune oh rly(owl pic here) . lmao are you attacking people here on ceg that get tunes. Are you trying to say your car is the bomb diggidy and you can make power not needing a tune.
I don;t need a 500 dollar tune made me laugh at your
dumb a$$. Shows how noobish you are. What are ou trying to prove here with i don't need svt parts.

i bought a
resistor chip off ebay got 10hp= $15
Flowmaster muffler gained 10hp = $35
Tornado off ebay 7hp = $30 + i gained 7mpg

i spent 50 dollars and i gained 27 hp and i went over 10mpg which puts my ar to 40mpg with no tune. Am i not cool or what

Last edited by Rickson; 08/07/06 04:41 AM.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tourige:
ill negate the 171hp because you used a damn fan on the intake..

Yeah the 171 is not a standard make of power. IT was a 1 time on a dyno power gain. You shouldn't use that as a refernce. Do you always use this mack up ram intake kit? Oh was your hood open during this also?

Answered the first part already, Yes the hood was open it has to be to hook up the sensors for the Dyno.

If you discount the 171 it still made 167HP!!!

That is with no headers, no fancy air intake system, pre-cats intact, home made single exhaust utilizing an off the shelf Maramont converter and a Vortex V-Baffle muffler, Not a FlowMaster, not a Magniflow, not a Borla or any other high buck cat or muffler. also I will note that contrary to to some peoples opinions I did not need a $500 dollar computer tune to make this stuff work. The car is a daily driver and still gets 30mpg.

The ram air and fan showed that it will respond to more air so that will be next. I will do it the cheapest way I can with out using SVT parts so stay tuned.

Your car sounds like it's built by a back yard mechanic with cheap ebay parts.

Like map said don't update us!!!!

You don't need a 500 dollar tune oh rly(owl pic here) . lmao are you attacking people here on ceg that get tunes. Are you trying to say your car is the bomb diggidy and you can make power not needing a tune.
I don;t need a 500 dollar tune made me laugh at your
dumb a$$. Shows how noobish you are. What are ou trying to prove here with i don't need svt parts.

i bought a
resistor chip off ebay got 10hp= $15
Flowmaster muffler gained 10hp = $35
Tornado off ebay 7hp = $30 + i gained 7mpg

i spent 50 dollars and i gained 27 hp and i went over 10mpg which puts my ar to 40mpg with no tune. Am i not cool or what

+1

A 450 dollar tune will get a stock SVT to 185 WHP

At least it did for a buddy. He had a cutoff airbox mod and a custom dyno tune+chip and he made 186whp.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
hey guys i agree with you that this guy is wrong in saying that expensive tunes are no good, or whatever he's trying to get across, but i should say. just because someone doesnt do EXACTLY what you did, doesnt mean they are wrong. how much do i get flamed for having a MSD ignition? yeah, its not necessary for everyone, and yeah, the stock stuff is more than enough. but was it not some type of IMPROVEMENT? yes! it was! and its one of the best ignitions out there! and it does what i want it to do. just like this guys cheapie exhaust, and "ram air" intake setup. leave him go, not everyone has the cash to throw down on these cars, let alone maintain them. at least SOMEONE is trying to keep the contour alive. i say you "advise" him to do what you believe is correct, but please, for the sake of the contour, dont flame him so much that he goes back to honda-tech.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by TRicker:
hey guys i agree with you that this guy is wrong in saying that expensive tunes are no good, or whatever he's trying to get across, but i should say. just because someone doesnt do EXACTLY what you did, doesnt mean they are wrong. how much do i get flamed for having a MSD ignition? yeah, its not necessary for everyone, and yeah, the stock stuff is more than enough. but was it not some type of IMPROVEMENT? yes! it was! and its one of the best ignitions out there! and it does what i want it to do. just like this guys cheapie exhaust, and "ram air" intake setup. leave him go, not everyone has the cash to throw down on these cars, let alone maintain them. at least SOMEONE is trying to keep the contour alive. i say you "advise" him to do what you believe is correct, but please, for the sake of the contour, dont flame him so much that he goes back to honda-tech.

I kinda understand. All i stated was to not use 171 as a constant in his equation for price per hp. That is not attaking him. He responded with an imature statement. About how great he is building a cheap o system and gained power.
WOOOPIE and he didn't use svt parts wooo hooo.
That is a petty jab at a huge community on here.

That kid needs to get a life or a job.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
What I am getting at is that the the scales are tipping on CEG.

Tom, Greg, Stazi, and even rick aren't posting much anynmore.

Instead we have guys like this who think he is gods gift to this car and doesn't need no eeeexpensive parts to make his car fast.

The fact of the matter is that CEG has an extensive history of dyno proven mods. This guy is gonna come on here and tell me he put down 171 hp with no tune and no SVT intake manifolds, and not even gutted pre cats. Instead his own home brew exhaust and an ebay intake fan...OMFG you have got to be kidding me!

I have been extensively modding this car for four freaking years and I will be damned if that is going to yield 171whp.

If so I want to go to that very dyno because I will prob throw down 225whp...

This site really is shifting. The true die hards are moving on to bigger and better cars....

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
the true die hards are moving to OTHER cars. nobody unleashed the insane potential of the torque steering, ditch aiming, front wheel drive that we call the contour. these things can see 600HP. is it worth it, hell no. would it be badass anyways, hells yeah! $$ limits us. i dont blame the old timers for moving on, after a while things kinda get old and you need to move on because interest is lacking. thats how it goes, but damn. none of the "fast" guys pushed there cars to the max potential. and thats the only thing that bugs me about it. nobody has seen the limits

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
What I am getting at is that the the scales are tipping on CEG.

Tom, Greg, Stazi, and even rick aren't posting much anynmore.

Instead we have guys like this who think he is gods gift to this car and doesn't need no eeeexpensive parts to make his car fast.

The fact of the matter is that CEG has an extensive history of dyno proven mods. This guy is gonna come on here and tell me he put down 171 hp with no tune and no SVT intake manifolds, and not even gutted pre cats. Instead his own home brew exhaust and an ebay intake fan...OMFG you have got to be kidding me!

I have been extensively modding this car for four freaking years and I will be damned if that is going to yield 171whp.

If so I want to go to that very dyno because I will prob throw down 225whp...

This site really is shifting. The true die hards are moving on to bigger and better cars....

I was not taking a jab at anyones car or their mods, what I was trying to point out is that you do not need to throw tons of money at a Contour to make it run. I am pointing out though that the tune is not needed at this time nor does a name brand exhaust need to be used. The comment about the SVT parts was not intended as a knock on the SVT. There are parts out there that come off of say a 3.0 that just might perform better in this application and are cheaper because they do not say SVT. The SVT ECM and injectors I'm using came off guess what an SVT so I'm not knocking SVT parts. Oh by the way I also have SVT motor mounts on my car and I got flamed for that so its a no win deal with some people on here. I do not claim to have all the answers but I do know how to do research.

If you take the time to do the studying, and compare the characteristics of the exhaust flow, pulse length and velocity of the ohv V-8 compared to the exhaust characteristics of the dohc V-6 you will find out they are not the same and need to be treated differently. An Indy car style exhaust would not work on a NASCAR and vice a versa so why take for granted that an exhaust part or design that works very well on a V-8 will work on a V-6 DOHC.

My exhaust is all stainless and was welded by a professional welder at his shop which as I recall had no shade trees any were close, the design itself was discussed at length over several weeks by myself and four other die hard car nuts and is well thought out following real rules of physics. The math was done and it equaled 14 HP.

I have been to the Dyno five times for a total of 15 pulls with this car, the three best pulls to date are posted in my blog on the FCO site, I hope to have the latest sheet up by this weekend. I have documented every change I have made to the car with the dyno sheets to back them up, this way I will know if something works or it does not. I will also know what change has made the most horsepower and torque gain.

Read my post I did not say I got a fan off of ebay, it was a small floor fan that was used to move some air up the mocked up ram tube.

I have posted an invitation every time I have gone to the Dyno and guess what none of the so called gurus or any of their friends have shown up, I'm not selling a product or a pet theory, just facts backed up with Dyno numbers.

As for experience, between the five mechanics that had a part in the design of the exhaust system we have raced everything from 2 stroke go-carts to BB Fords, Chevies, Mopars and SCCA Porsche's for a total of 130+ years of experience. We have seen what works and what does not, we are not afraid to ask questions even if we get answers we do not like.

Contempt prior to investigation equals a closed mind and that my friends can lead to miss spent money and poor performance.

98 Tropic Green Contour 2.5 MTX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
And you still don't have dyno plots posted up...and you did come off like a complete redneck with your "I don't need no expensive stuff..." rant.

Stop typing and post the plots.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
And you still don't have dyno plots posted up...and you did come off like a complete redneck with your "I don't need no expensive stuff..." rant.

If you read my post I said I hope to have them up by the weekend. Good things come to those who wait.

98 Tropic Green Contour 2.5 MTX
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

If you read my post I said I hope to have them up by the weekend. Good things come to those who wait.

Yea that only works when you wait for women, not for guys

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard