Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by dnewma04:
2500w isn't all that much to worry about in real world situations. Nice battery and the new alternator shoudl be way more than sufficient.

2500 for the sub and about 600 for the doors??? My lights never dim and I don't parking lot pimp with my car off.. I was under the impression only if you dim then you need support...

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
How about getting a digital voltmeter instead of using your lights for that role - there like $10

a 40 Farad cap is just silly, your far better off with one or two small caps. Best solution add a good second battery ($120 - $160) add a cap to that along with the ALT and you should be good to go for any musical situation. Sweeps and other test tones on the other hand may still cause voltage spikes in the wrong direction. Adding a second battery is the easiest thing in the world if you already have a system installed. Should be like $20-30 in parts (not including battery) to install.

16V can be obtained by adjustable voltage regulator on your ALT. Unless you have a very good knowledge of the car's electrical system, i would not get one.

Caps in your amp help steady the voltage to your amp's power supply, they soften the spikes so that the amp has a more regulated (ie less fluctuations) input voltage. A larger cap outside will assist in this as well. This will keep the power supply operating more efficiently and in turn run the amp cooler. In theory this leads to a cleaner output as well. Some folks dont understand that and claim a cap is a burden - how something that does not consume or cause loss, is a burden is beyond me...... those people dont quite get the whole picture.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
R
Rayn Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Wow truly sticking to the "Let's set the record straight" mood and mentality. Thanks.

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
You asked for, you got it.....(toyota)

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard