Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Woodencross:
...I wouldn't mind because I would like to have darker tint on my vehicles....

Really dark tint is over rated. Makes it really hard to see at night. At low lit intersections, sometimes I have to lower the window down to make sure it's clear.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
I very much disagree that the law is the law and should be followed blindly. That represents an excessive and disturbing trust in and acceptance of government. The Consitution was designed for government to have very limited power over people, limits that have been grossly overstepped.

The law is simply wrong in this case, as laws should only regulate or punish for harm caused to somebody who does not or cannot consent to an action. Wrong laws should be skirted and broken as a matter of ethics and morality.

Sounds to me like you have more than a little Libertarian in you!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I very much disagree that the law is the law and should be followed blindly. That represents an excessive and disturbing trust in and acceptance of government. The Consitution was designed for government to have very limited power over people, limits that have been grossly overstepped.

The law is simply wrong in this case, as laws should only regulate or punish for harm caused to somebody who does not or cannot consent to an action. Wrong laws should be skirted and broken as a matter of ethics and morality.

WHAT?!!!!

I never once said the law should be followed blindly if it is wrong...

I said that there are ways to change laws that are wrong and those ways are built into our system. At times, resistance may be the only way to change a "bad" law. But, I also said that wrong laws, no matter how "bad" or "wrong" they may be, are still laws, that until they are changed, that we can and will be punished for. Our system of law and government is not perfect...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by 1314:
Originally posted by Woodencross:
...I wouldn't mind because I would like to have darker tint on my vehicles....

Really dark tint is over rated. Makes it really hard to see at night. At low lit intersections, sometimes I have to lower the window down to make sure it's clear.

I know. I had a Mazda pickup once with two layers of 5% tint on the rear window. I could barely see out during the day muchless at night, it was DARK...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't discriminate

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Unfortunately, the protections that were built into our system have been breached and government continues to erode them more every single day. The system is broken as are the methods of recourse built into it. The law is illegal.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Sounds more like a "Rebel Without A Clue."

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
What about an update? Did you re-test w/ the windows down and the fuse removed? Or did you find a more "sympathetic" inspection station?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
Louis is probably afraid to post what he did. I'm sure he doesn't want to be narked on.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
What about an update? Did you re-test w/ the windows down and the fuse removed? Or did you find a more "sympathetic" inspection station?

I haven't gone back in yet. Most places close at 4 on saturdays and are closed on sundays, so I didn't get a chance last weekend.

Yesterday my check engine light came on (P1131 rear upstream o2 sensor out), so I might not get to it this weekend either. Since they do emissions via OBD hookup now, it won't pass if the computer hasn't gone through a full drive cycle, which won't happen if I fix the sensor and reset the computer right before.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard