Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1624386 08/05/06 07:10 PM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
it's 18% film, but guess the factory solar tint pushed it over. anyone have a hookup?

E0 SVT, lightly modded
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Yeah... take it somewhere else.

Which tint area failed? side fronts?

Roll the windows down completely, remove the power window fuse, and your windows are "stuck" down.

It ain't illegal to have broken windows (stuck down), its only illegal to have tint that is too dark.

REAR glass and rear sides can be any percentage you want.

only thing that could have failed you that you can't avoid is a front glass strip.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Ray:
Yeah... take it somewhere else.

Which tint area failed? side fronts?

Roll the windows down completely, remove the power window fuse, and your windows are "stuck" down.

It ain't illegal to have broken windows (stuck down), its only illegal to have tint that is too dark.

REAR glass and rear sides can be any percentage you want.

only thing that could have failed you that you can't avoid is a front glass strip.

yeah, side fronts. that's a great idea though, haha.

the inspector was nice about it, he didn't charge me the fee because he noticed the tint right away.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by louisw:
it's 18% film, but guess the factory solar tint pushed it over. anyone have a hookup?

Is this a hookup to have the inspection redone or the tint redone?

If it's to get the inspection done without having the tint checked....then...

Isn't it wrong to ask a question like this on CEG? About getting something done illegally?

If I remember correctly, weren't we just all over somebody for asking how to go about adjusting his odometer?

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Woodencross:

Isn't it wrong to ask a question like this on CEG? About getting something done illegally?

If I remember correctly, weren't we just all over somebody for asking how to go about adjusting his odometer?

save the lecture. rolling back the odo is a felony. noncompliant tint is at worst a fix-it ticket.

but as you pointed out, the question is open to interpretation so the point is moot. read it how you like...

E0 SVT, lightly modded
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

save the lecture. rolling back the odo is a felony. noncompliant tint is at worst a fix-it ticket.

but as you pointed out, the question is open to interpretation so the point is moot. read it how you like...

Okay...my interpretation...

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

But asking for a hookup on where to get an illegal inspection....

An illegal inspection...

Yeah, I think they are the same thing. And it's pretty obvious what you are asking about...

In fact, you should check out this site...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/

And check out this one piece of it...

It's amazing that the little things you don't think are illegal are actually a big issue in Texas.

FWIW, Louis is an Eagle Scout and would never do something like what you are implying. He actually PM'ed me to see if I knew of a tint shop that could help him with his inspection problem.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Guess you didn't notice that I deleted what you quoted because it didn't need to be said...

Oh well...

L
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Hightower GT:
FWIW, Louis is an Eagle Scout and would never do something like what you are implying. He actually PM'ed me to see if I knew of a tint shop that could help him with his inspection problem.

I'm way better looking than that guy, here's a more recent photo..

E0 SVT, lightly modded
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?

Sexay! Is that... Blue Steele?

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard