Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EnvoyXL Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
E
Tonight my coolant hose blew and the car dcompletely stalled and wouldnt restart. Do you think I will need a new motor?

1997 Ford Contour GL, ATX, 4 cylinder, 160,000+miles
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by EnvoyXL:
.. and wouldnt restart. Do you think I will need a new motor?

When you say "wouldn't restart", do you mean the engine will not crank (turn over)? If yes, then most probably yes, a new motor is in order.

If it cranks and wouldn't start, then you can look to see if any of the sensors (or wires) by the engine were "burnt" or melted. And hope that is what is preventing it from starting.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
E
EnvoyXL Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
E
It would crank, but really slow. I left the car on the side of the road about 100 miles from where I live. Just wondering if it is gonna be worth it to go back and get it?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
...Just wondering if it is gonna be worth it to go back and get it?

YES.

If it is towed to an impound lot, you are looking at a towing charge (maybe $100) and a daily storage fee (maybe $25 per day).

E
EnvoyXL Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
E
I am not worried about towing and storage. I bought the car but it is not registered to me yet. I purchased it private party from the indian reservation. I wont be charged for anything. All I want to know is...Will it be worth it to go and get it, or is it going to cost me too much to fix it?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
..All I want to know is...Will it be worth it to go and get it, or is it going to cost me too much to fix it?

If you are seeking opinions, then I suggest you start a new thread in Common Interest or General and put a poll in it for CEGers to vote. You will probably get more traffic (opinions) there.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
sounds like a seized waterpump pulley if it will crank slowly, cut the belt and see if the car will start. (don't drive it though)

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard