Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I have a 650MB MP3 player that cost me $2 and doesn't require any cables or plugs. It's called a CD-RW. :P Oh, and I've got a whole friggin' lot of them, too.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I have a 650MB MP3 player that cost me $2 and doesn't require any cables or plugs. It's called a CD-RW. Oh, and I've got a whole friggin' lot of them, too.

$2!!!! I think you'te getting hosed! But I agree with you completely.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
I have a 650MB MP3 player that cost me $2 and doesn't require any cables or plugs. It's called a CD-RW. Oh, and I've got a whole friggin' lot of them, too.

$2!!!! I think you'te getting hosed! But I agree with you completely.

At the time I got these particular CD-RWs, yeah, the cost was probably about right. But they came in their own jewel cases and I've been using them for a few years.

Plus, I do have a line-in for my Pioneer to feed the audio output from my PDA (I use GPS on it), and sometimes I'll play music from there too.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
is the hole in the middle of the CD-RW so you can plug headphones into it and listen when you aren't in your car?

People don't buy ipods just so they can listen to them in the car, I bought mine so I could listen to it when I am outside of my car.

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Meh, for the most part, if I'm out of my car then I'm not doing something conducive to listening to music. Most of my music time is spent while in the car. So for me, CDs still work fine.

Not being big on the whole digital music scene I would like to know this: is there a digital player that accepts SD cards?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Meh, for the most part, if I'm out of my car then I'm not doing something conducive to listening to music. Most of my music time is spent while in the car. So for me, CDs still work fine.

Not being big on the whole digital music scene I would like to know this: is there a digital player that accepts SD cards?

Some do. I know there's at least one type that you can get that doesn't even have internal memory...you HAVE to have a SD card for it. Personally, I've got a 2GB card I use in my PDA to listen to tunes at work. But I'm like you, I don't have to have music playing in my ears at all time.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

Some do. I know there's at least one type that you can get that doesn't even have internal memory...you HAVE to have a SD card for it. Personally, I've got a 2GB card I use in my PDA to listen to tunes at work. But I'm like you, I don't have to have music playing in my ears at all time.

I have one in my Mystique now. Wonderful sounding JVC. Has the SD slot to play music on many formats, plays MPEGs (I, II, & III) on the tiny wide control screen if I want, transfers background pictures to the screen, etc. Came with software that'll crop movies & pictures to fit the screen. Pretty cool head unit for $120 or so when I bought it new.

All I wanted was the MP3 support, all the rest was gravy & I didn't even know it was capable of it...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I have a 650MB MP3 player that cost me $2 and doesn't require any cables or plugs. It's called a CD-RW. :P Oh, and I've got a whole friggin' lot of them, too.

I use to think that too but they're just too troublesome versus an SD Card (or a memory stick). They're small in form factor and just much easier to handle. I don't have to worry about it getting scratched. If I want to put it in my MP3 player, I can do that too.

Curtis 3L 'Oval Port' 98 Black SVT 180.5HP/178lbft '03 Black Sport Trac
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
ipod ready alpine radios only require a $30 cable.

Thats for the 2007 models though correct b/c IIRC the older models such as the 9833 (that I have) you need the $100 unit to run the Ipod off the HU?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Its all about marketing people, and that is something Apple has gotten right!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard