Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TRicker Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
its a SVT first off. spec stage 3. the bearing needs to be replaced im sure, and a new one came with the clutch. i unbolted teh 3 bolts that keep the housing on, and unhooked the fluid line. i get the bearing to about 2 inches away from the end of the input shaft, and it doesnt move any further. how do i get this thing off?

also, what's recommended for trans fluid? i forgot to buy some and i need to pick it up before i get home tomorrow to finish this thing. thanks for teh help!

(ps. you can change a clutch with the trans off to the side, but just drop the subframe, its a pain)

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well, the fluid... I've been using Ford Honey w/o the friction modifier for about 7-8 months now.

Shifts a lot better in the winter than whatever fluid was in the tranny when I bought it.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard