Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Just finished getting my sound system repaird. The old alpine amps were fried. The wiring was arcing like crazy if I dared to connect it to the battery. Since I wanted to have the wiring redone by a profesional I took it too circut city and had them rewire the car, and hook it up. There was still one more problem. the sub had a nasty habbit of sliding around everywere. So a couple of brackets later no more sliding crap, I think it turned out pretty well.

A shot from behind the folding seats.
Please ignore the pice of carpet that had to be cut out.

Next up is getting the dash reapolsterd(or however you spell that). I do belive I have the worse dash on this site. The pics speak for themselves.

I would probably just get it coverd in the same color as the original. Any ideas how much it would cost to have the whole dash redone? Any other ideas on what else cold be done with the dash? Also the door is comming appart to but I think some glue will take care of that.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I dont have the severe dash warp (knock on wood) but i am experiencing the door thing you pictured..

same side and everything..

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Why did you cut the dash apart?

You coulda done Hectors dash fix.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I dont have the severe dash warp (knock on wood) but i am experiencing the door thing you pictured..

same side and everything..

Ditto, but mine is on both front doors.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
The previous owner did that. So it was a little to late for me to fix it. But it gave me a good discount on the car though. I'll try the dash fix on my mystique when ever that gets back.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
In order for you to fix your dash you will need to source a dash from a SVT parts car. Should be very easy to find one, and really do try and get a pre '99 dash.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
keep repeating to myself--glad i dont have a post 98, glad I don't have a post 98

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Good luck with fixing that dash

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by elraido:
keep repeating to myself--glad i dont have a 99-00, glad I don't have a 99-00

Fixed.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard