Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1622681 08/03/06 02:21 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Hey does anyone have an ideal what this could be? It's an 89' f-150 fuel inj strait 6. I'm supposed to be back home but broke down in utah. It's in the shop and the guy called and said he was not sure, and i'm stuck 1,200 miles from home

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Um thats next to impossible. Your gas gets pumped from the tank through the lines and to the injectors. There is at no point any contact to any areas, which would allow it to mix with oil. Unless you have some seriously bad piston rings in one or more of your cylinders, which allow so much blow-by that the mist that is sprayed by the injector(s) goes past the piston rings and into the crank case, but that would mean that your spark plug(s) where not firing and the gas was never being ignited. If your piston rings were bad in one or more cylinders you would also have no compression in that paticular cylinder and your truck would be missing like mad, which would be very noticable on a six cylinder. It's pretty hard for all of your piston rings on one or more of your piston's to go out instanteously at the same time while driving as well if it broke down on the road.

Unless of course for some reason you accidently filled your truck up with 110 octane fuel in which case that stuff has a very strong and distinct smell to it, which does make your oil smell like it. However that doesn't typically happen unless your run that fuel consistantly. My small block 350 smelled like that when I tore it down for a rebuild.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Dunno how to help you, sorry but wrong forum. Here is a site just for Ford trucks.
Ford Trucks.
Hope you can find some help, good luck.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
P
OP Offline
P
well i was driving and noticed it was driving funny, I pulled over and noticed that oil was coming out the valve cover more than normal. I knew that it had a little leak through it but the oil that was coming out was cleaning off the oil on the engine. There is no smoke and it runs fine. I drained the oil and put about a quart shy of oil back in there and drove it 75 miles which took 3/4 tank of gas and took it to a mechanic. I checked the oil and its over full and there's the gas. Dont that beat all.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by poorboy421:
.. I drained the oil and put about a quart shy of oil back in there and drove it 75 miles which took 3/4 tank of gas and took it to a mechanic. I checked the oil and its over full and there's the gas. Dont that beat all.

Welcome . One or two spark plugs not firing?

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/03/06 02:49 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
OP Offline
P
nope its at a mechanics / machine shop and he doesnt know either it run fine until the oil fills with gas again the i loose oil pressure but when i drained and put new oil in its fine. It never smokes or smells funny.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
nope its at a mechanics / machine shop and he doesnt know either it run fine until the oil fills with gas again the i loose oil pressure but when i drained and put new oil in its fine. It never smokes or smells funny.

But doesn't this sound exactly like what you are experiencing?

Originally posted by CSVT#49:
... Unless you have some seriously bad piston rings in one or more of your cylinders, which allow so much blow-by that the mist that is sprayed by the injector(s) goes past the piston rings and into the crank case, but that would mean that your spark plug(s) where not firing and the gas was never being ignited. If your piston rings were bad in one or more cylinders you would also have no compression in that paticular cylinder and your truck would be missing like mad, which would be very noticable on a six cylinder. ...

Lots of gas in oil, bad running engine.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
COCAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
P
OP Offline
P
i know enough that its running off all cylinders. the only thing that the mechanic found was a leaky injector. Other than that he couldnt find anything. I would hope that he did a compression test and the plugs are new.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
... the only thing that the mechanic found was a leaky injector. ..

So, there's your smoking gun. Leaky injector.

Have you posted at Ford-Trucks yet?
Originally posted by Mystique97:
.... Here is a site just for Ford trucks.
Ford Trucks.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard