Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by m4gician:
well I can't go back and change it now, I need the matching gutter guard for frekaing continuity otherwise I'll look like I live in the ghetto...

You ain't seen ghetto till you seen mines...
Took me 10 mins to do w/ a pair of shearers for pruning bushes, talk about half-assed. But alas, I'm too used to it to take it off.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Have you considered...

...The Gutter Helmet?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by JeSiZZle:
Originally posted by m4gician:
blah you want me to use better mesh, FINE i'll go out and BUY some car mesh for upwards of $40 a sheet... sheesh,

investing in mesh is your best bet...elky's or stazi's mesh is

Meh. I really don't care for the look of either. Personal preference. As far as GG looking cheap, it is all in the details. If you take your time, paint it properly, mount it securely, I think it looks fine. Inexpensive does not always mean cheap. I have sources for other grill material, but it is insanely and ridiculously expensive, and there is no guarantee it will last any longer than the GG.

As I said, it's all in the details. Mine has virtually no flex or give in it, and if a rock punctures it, it's a $4.00 fix. Mod smart, not expensive.

Cut and bent to fit the contour of the grill, and securely fastened with screws and washers:

Not a thing wrong with how this looks, and it certainly is NOT ricer!

All in all, it really cracks me up how some people get all high and mighty and act superior towards people who are just now doing what they did a few years back.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hey, I admitted to using it! Then I realized how cheap and ricer that it is. Get over it.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
And I'm saying that if it is properly done, it looks neither cheap nor ricer. And I think my pics prove that. As I said, it's all in the details. You might have just slapped on some raw GG, and against a chrome ring on a silver frost, yeah, that would look rather cheap. That's why I painted my mesh. No longer looks cheap. Or ricer.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
And I'm saying that if it is properly done, it looks neither cheap nor ricer. And I think my pics prove that. As I said, it's all in the details. You might have just slapped on some raw GG, and against a chrome ring on a silver frost, yeah, that would look rather cheap. That's why I painted my mesh. No longer looks cheap. Or ricer.

You like to argue, don't you?

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by BatteryLight:

Me? If you had said, "I used to have GG on my car, but my tastes have changed and now I have something else," and let it go at that, then this debate would never have happened. Instead you tried to pass off your opinion as fact. That's what I find irritating.

And yes, arguing is fun. Especially since I'm right.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Me? If you had said, "I used to have GG on my car, but my tastes have changed and now I have something else," and let it go at that, then this debate would never have happened. Instead you tried to pass off your opinion as fact. That's what I find irritating.

Get bent!

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I

Get bent!

I was BORN bent! ....and I can't help it if it curves off to one side a little. Why don't you go make fun of insurance buying cavemen and leave me and my deformity alone!

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I did a gunmetal metallic spray over my '97SE plastic grill. It's subtle but I think it looks nice...matches my rims pretty well without being flashy.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard