Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by m4gician:
I'm just trying to find out with the variations in bottle volume for different fuel injector cleaners, how much should I be using? I mean I saw this xtra concentrated stuff form penzoil which was about 373ml. How much approximately should I use? Just to be precise.

Most any good injector cleaner will work. One can is probably enough, but two would not hurt.

And yes, it does help. It may not clean as well as tearing the manifolds off, but it is a lot cheaper and easier. It will make a noticable difference in how the engine runs.

Plus you wont have the problem with misfiring or rough idle problems like some of us have had.

1 rebuild turrned into-> new plugs, new wires= 160 bucks, granted i upgraded to Magnecores tho.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
thanks, I keep reading the rebuild FAQ but I need to gather all the gaskets, tools and spare parts to attempt it and it hasn't come across me yet. Before September hits, I'll do a partial rebuild of the UIM simply because I don't want to engage the whole thing yet.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by m4gician:
thanks, I keep reading the rebuild FAQ but I need to gather all the gaskets, tools and spare parts to attempt it and it hasn't come across me yet. Before September hits, I'll do a partial rebuild of the UIM simply because I don't want to engage the whole thing yet.

The upper is very easy to do...just make sure you are carefull with those vac lines on top...very brittle.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Quote:

The upper is very easy to do...just make sure you are carefull with those vac lines on top...very brittle.

I just did my upper and lower removal and clean tonight, i found for the vac lines all i did was removed the one right from the brake booster, and removed the other one form the rubber end at near the firewall, didnt worry about the clips on the manifold. I did the complete job in approx 5 hours, i would say 85% of that time was cleaning. Oh yeah I have around 145,000 km on my car.

1998 mystique 4 banger atx (wrecked) 1998 mystique V6 MTX --magnaflow muffler-no res, open cone intake(Ractive filter)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard