Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I'm just trying to find out with the variations in bottle volume for different fuel injector cleaners, how much should I be using? I mean I saw this xtra concentrated stuff form penzoil which was about 373ml. How much approximately should I use? Just to be precise.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
What do the directions state? Are you adding this to the tank or have you removed the UIM and are spraying it down?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
no no, the FAQ on cleaning them chemically w/o removing., the FAQ suggests berryman b12 which I can't find, and I was wondering could I substitute for this or even get a slighty larger bottle to use to clean them/

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
No point, save your money. If you haven't tore down the intake manifolds and cleaned it out by hand, this will barely do much. The carbon is too gunked to be removed by the non-removal process. In most people's opinion, this method is only beneficial for those who have already tore down the manifolds.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
No point, save your money. If you haven't tore down the intake manifolds and cleaned it out by hand, this will barely do much. The carbon is too gunked to be removed by the non-removal process. In most people's opinion, this method is only beneficial for those who have already tore down the manifolds.

Throw some seafoam in there, it will do a decent job, not close to what a rebuild will be, but it DOES DO SOMETHING.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Tourige:

Throw some seafoam in there, it will do a decent job, not close to what a rebuild will be, but it DOES DO SOMETHING.

I had to use a hard bristled brush to the build up off, and that was AFTER i let it soak in b-12 for about and hour. Will it get rid of SOME of the carbon build up...yes. Will it get rid of any of the build up that is causing a disruption in the airflow...no.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by elraido:

I had to use a hard bristled brush to the build up off, and that was AFTER i let it soak in b-12 for about and hour. Will it get rid of SOME of the carbon build up...yes. Will it get rid of any of the build up that is causing a disruption in the airflow...no.

If your at the point of the secondaries having troubles opening up (like i was) than a can of berrymans is a life saver.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E

I agree. I noticed a bit of a difference after doing the on the car cleaning. The conventional wisdom on these boards is that this cleaning method is best as a maintenance practice once a REAL cleaning has been done.

I also agree that Sea Foam is probably the best, followed by Berryman's B-12. Try Canuck Tire, maybe they carry it.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by elraido:

never thought of that point, if that's the only problem, sure beats a 9 hr teardown/rebuild

If your at the point of the secondaries having troubles opening up (like i was) than a can of berrymans is a life saver.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by m4gician:
I'm just trying to find out with the variations in bottle volume for different fuel injector cleaners, how much should I be using? I mean I saw this xtra concentrated stuff form penzoil which was about 373ml. How much approximately should I use? Just to be precise.

Most any good injector cleaner will work. One can is probably enough, but two would not hurt.

And yes, it does help. It may not clean as well as tearing the manifolds off, but it is a lot cheaper and easier. It will make a noticable difference in how the engine runs.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard