Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I am sorry if I offended the couple of liberals that don't have a problem with organized religion.

I wasn't taking sides in my statement, just pointing out the fact that the same people that are all for defending the rights of people to not believe in crationism, are the first ones to chastize the people that do.

If the world was full of people like you, The US would hardly be "The GREATEST Country in the world" Imagine every other country learning new technology and moving forward while we sit here reading old testamant.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I am sorry if I offended the couple of liberals that don't have a problem with organized religion.

I wasn't taking sides in my statement, just pointing out the fact that the same people that are all for defending the rights of people to not believe in crationism, are the first ones to chastize the people that do.

Who is saying you are wrong for believing what you believe? I think they are just stating that there might be flaws in the "theories". You, on the other hand, choose to get personal and call them hypocrites.

You really need to understand the word "freedom" because it also applies to thought. Feel free to start thinking.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Quote:

Who is saying you are wrong for believing what you believe? I think they are just stating that there might be flaws in the "theories". You, on the other hand, choose to get personal and call them hypocrites.

You really need to understand the word "freedom" because it also applies to thought. Feel free to start thinking.

Theories? So you think theres a hole in the theory of gravity?
I can't understand why the vast majority of science accepts the basics of biological evolution just as sound as gravity, relativitly, etc. but just because this doesn't agree with a story in the bible it isn't sound science.
Mind you I am a practicing catholic, democrat btw (who's going to hell for voting for Kerry lol).
If you want to beleive that creationism is the real deal then fine go ahead, that's fine, go teach your kids at home (or a parachial school that doesn't teach evolution) and we'll be fine.

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
Originally posted by todras:
Peanut butter Jesus crackers?

~Andrew

peanut butter and gay dudes

\

Don't knock it until you've tried it. Food fetishes are fun.

On topic: at least it appears to have been funded by private donations. Hopefully it will also pay property taxes, unless they play the church property loophole that ought to be eliminated.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Just waiting...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
OK, 99, then we'll marry you to every silly thing Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson say ever.

How's that feel?

I couldn't care less, you have a right to your opinion just as I have mine; whether you or anyone else want to call it kooky, stupid, ignorant, or whatever else you feel.

Quote:

Like you think you speak for us? You give away your autocentric self-righteousness on that one.

Take your FAKE apology and cram it into an empty cranial cavity. You'll find one in arm's reach.

I'm pretty sure that I never claimed to speak for anyone but myself. Like, when I say "I think," or "I feel," I thought that those terms were pretty self explainatory in meaning; I guess some people need everything spoon fed to them?

And I am glad you missed the sarcasm in my apology. I make no real apologies for my beliefs, quotes, feelings, whatever. I am open to debating or whatever, just when I state my opinion I don't care what you think about it unless you can prove me wrong.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Mr. Hightower FTW:

Why not get personal? People attack my religious beliefs everyday, I take that personal.

FWIW I don't even believe in creationism. I believe in the combination theory, which I thought of myself (not saying I am the only one, just that I didn't subscribe to another person's theory, rather thought it up on my own) where God created evolution. I do, however, have the decency to respect people's beliefs who DO believe in strict creationism; a trait that many here can't claim as one of their own.

The replies here are perfect examples. Strict belivers of creationism are called "Kooks," and labeled ignorant fools because they think differently than scientists. Scientists can be wrong folks, they have been in the past, and will in the future. Hell, I am sure some things that we hold to be 100% truths today are going to be proven false tomorrow. Remember when the Earth was flat??? How about the SCIENTISTS that said the Sun revolved around the Earth???

Quote:

So I guess thats another one of your not personal, personal attacks that I shouldn't take personally huh? But wait, according to you, I was attacking people personally huh? No wait, I didn't say any names, unlike how you are.

I have the freedome to think however I want, and express any opinion I want within reason.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Tourgasm:

If the world was full of people like you, The US would hardly be "The GREATEST Country in the world" Imagine every other country learning new technology and moving forward while we sit here reading old testamant.

Iran is a good example of a country full of conservative, puritanical, religious, conservatives.

I'll bet they don't tolerate secular debate over there either

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by jlanger:
Quote:

Theories? So you think theres a hole in the theory of gravity?
I can't understand why the vast majority of science accepts the basics of biological evolution just as sound as gravity, relativitly, etc. but just because this doesn't agree with a story in the bible it isn't sound science.
Mind you I am a practicing catholic, democrat btw (who's going to hell for voting for Kerry lol).
If you want to beleive that creationism is the real deal then fine go ahead, that's fine, go teach your kids at home (or a parachial school that doesn't teach evolution) and we'll be fine.

The reason these concepts are called theories is because they are unprovable by the true scientific method, ie observation. Theories come about as a method to explain a given set of facts/data based on a set of presuppositions made by the originator of the particular theory.

That being said, there are creationists out there that do not sit by blindly and ignore scientific evidence. They see the same evidence as everyone else, but they simply have a different set of presuppositions on which thier theory of origins is based; ie that there is a God, and he is powerful enough to create life. True evolutionists do the exact same thing, only thier presuppositions are based (intentionally or not) on the tenets of humanism (google up the human manifesto)

The various theories of Origins are completely and totally unprovable until someone invents a time machine and goes back and observes how it occurred. The various theories of origins, evolution and creation specifically here, are actually relatively obvious conclusions once you understand the presuppositions that drive them.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
what do you call a dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

someone who lies awake in bed all night wondering if there really is a dog.

(that was for the 4 people in the world who haven't heard it yet!)

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard