Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Okay well here's what I'm going to be experimenting with, and I want the paint experts out there to maybe give me some tips or tricks so I do this right. Now I know everyone want's a carbon fibre or woodgrain interior, but I was thinking that maybe a silver or brushed aluminum finish wasn't bad either. I went to my local junk yard (there's more than one :P) and I picked up all the trim pieces for my mystique.

My plan now is to basically sand down with 150-220 all the trim pieces cept for the wood grain pieces, and for the wood grain use a lower grit to start off with and work my way up to 220. I would use a sandable primer...

Now I need advice on paint that would adhere and last long on the plastic, I was thinking tremclad plastic paint? (something that's OTC). And after that a good 400grit sand job, than I'm going to need a good clearcoat to go on top...after that 2000grit wet sand to smooth out any impurities and that's it. IF you guys could chime in, give me your opinion, tell me how stupid an idea it is, then maybe I'll see what I can do with it and put pics up of how it turns out.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Maybe try krylon fusion for the plastic pieces.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
if you want a real sharp look. get a sprayer and use actual body paint. will last indefinitely if you wax it once a year!

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
body colour on the inside? hrm, I thought of that, but I mean it'll give continuity, especially with silver frost I'll get that touch of sparkle I want... but the Krylon Fusion gives a brighter shine, though I don't know if I can get an aluminum colour paint to make a stainless steel look and finally make the deck Ihave look better.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard