Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I was at the part source the other day (kinda like pep boys or autozone) and I was trying to buy motor oil, but before I went to the cash, the guy told me "you know that oil is recycled right? I would pay more money for the full synthetic." He was referring to the Formula 1 branded 5w20 with synthetic blend I was carrying. I guess long story short, I want to know is there a way I can find out if the oil, whether or not if he was right or not, is recycled or not?

EDIT: If it is, I'll buy it and use it as engine flush maybe, then I'll drain it back into the container and return it and say I got the wrong oil...

Last edited by m4gician; 08/01/06 12:01 PM.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
never heard of that myself but who knows, I would just use a brand name oil and you should be good to go

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Re-refined motor oil meets all specifications of virgin motor oil.

Ignore the putz behind the counter.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
Re-refined motor oil meets all specifications of virgin motor oil.

Ignore the putz behind the counter.

Steve

ya can't trust a guy who doesn't know what the difference between 5w20 and 5w30 is... though he did know a lot of things to take care of his 2001 EL, bleh whatever... as long as it meets standards and does more good than harm im all for it...

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Link Copied to Clipboard