Next Thread
Print Thread
#1621189 08/01/06 02:50 AM
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I just finished putting an intake on my 98 SE a few days ago and it seemed fine. But, today I took a drive and the check engine came on. After looking under the hood for any noticeable troubles, I removed the negative battery terminal and hooked it back up after 20 minutes. Surprisingly, the check engine light was off. Is this a coincidence or could it be related to the intake?

Aaron 98.5 E1 Contour SE
#1621190 08/01/06 03:22 AM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Aaron 98 SE:
I just finished putting an intake on my 98 SE a few days ago and it seemed fine. But, today I took a drive and the check engine came on. After looking under the hood for any noticeable troubles, I removed the negative battery terminal and hooked it back up after 20 minutes. Surprisingly, the check engine light was off. Is this a coincidence or could it be related to the intake?

two things you should know, when you build an intake, you should reset the computer (Pull the negative terminal on the battery) so that the computer can relearn all of its values, and the new intake will create new numbers, which COULD throw a CEL if you dont reset the computer. Although, if you reset the computer when your check engine light is on, the light will obviously turn off, because you cleared the memory. If the problem still exists, then the light will turn back on in a couple of driving cycles. If it does, take it to your local autozone and have them read the code, get the code the ACTUAL code and post it here, we can help you futher from there. But from what it sounds like there probably is a vaccume leak somewhere.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard