Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
ever since i bought my svtc ive been a member here(since june) and you guys have always been so helpful and i really apircate it. since im still a newbie im still trying to learn everything i can about the car.today i just sent off my front bumper and right side skirt to get painted ...(both brand new pieces) and i still have to remove the old peices that are stilll on the car. the thing ios im going to be installing those 2 things on my drive way so what tools will i need,where are all the bolts locatred at for the bumper and side skirt and are there any hidden bolts. also if you guys could give me any tips or suggestion on this since ive never done it b4. thank you guys in advanced
i await to see what it looks like when its all done

will be posting some of my svts pics soon

my ride: 1998 Ford SVT contour Silver mods: Silver grilles,knauberized,gold calipers,HELLA Optilux Angel Eyes,piaa windsheild wipers....next mods to come within the next month: SVTF euro wheels,Fuzion ZRI`s 215/40/17,Eibachs
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
side skirts, find plastic screws on underside up in the back, removed screw then pop out retainer

front bumper, remove grill, remove pins, disconnect the 3 bumper stays and then four bolts at the back corners, 10mm iirc, use some extentions

really easy

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Kind of on the same subject. My front bumper on my SVT is loose. I can jiggle it up and down if I grasp the middle of the bumper (below the grill). Is this normal? Should it be able to jiggle? Any ideas on how to tighten it up?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
missing some bolts mayb?

my ride: 1998 Ford SVT contour Silver mods: Silver grilles,knauberized,gold calipers,HELLA Optilux Angel Eyes,piaa windsheild wipers....next mods to come within the next month: SVTF euro wheels,Fuzion ZRI`s 215/40/17,Eibachs
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:
side skirts, find plastic screws on underside up in the back, removed screw then pop out retainer

front bumper, remove grill, remove pins, disconnect the 3 bumper stays and then four bolts at the back corners, 10mm iirc, use some extentions

really easy

my bumper bolts where 8mm not 10. and yes you will need extentions!!! or remover your front wheel and take the front of the inner fender out.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
naw, just pull the liner back

with just the pins under the grill and the rear bolts on the front bumper buckshoot can pull his in under 10 minutes ...

maybe it was 8mm, i don't recall off hand right at the moment

also use enough extentions to get below the bottom of the bumper

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard