R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Bradness:
Originally posted by todras:
Rod shift and ALL MTX's back to '95 DO NOT have ATF
spec lubes!!!!

Funny, but I guess you interpret Mercon as manual gearbox lube. Even though the manual clearly describes it as "ATF"!

Let me say it again. I've been using ATF (mineral & sythetic)as specified for 10 yrs. I've had the trans apart and there is no detrimental wear apparent.

Brad,

FYI, Todd is referring to the fact that the manual has been superceded by TSB 00-1-9.

However, interpretations of this TSB differ, as I noted in my post, above.

If your MTX-75 was built after 1 Jan 2000, your spec has indeed, without a doubt, changed to the XT-M5-QS spec ("Honey").

This same spec is "compatible" with earlier MTX-75s and fluids, and "recommended" by Ford for these units, for topping off or refilling.

Todd, Terry Haines, and others point to the fluid supplier's cross-reference diagram--which makes no "early" or "late" distinction, and only lists the "Honey"--and contend that it is a "spec."

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I don't know about all this tranny talk, but I know Bradness is one of those pimps that when something breaks, he creates a better one!

Still using (& abusing!) those tubular adjustable-toe control arms with zero problems!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
I don't know about all this tranny talk, but I know Bradness is one of those pimps that when something breaks, he creates a better one!

Still using (& abusing!) those tubular adjustable-toe control arms with zero problems!

lol, yes He's pretty good at that stuff.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

lol, yes He's pretty good at that stuff.

Indeed...I never broke any of his stuff, even some of his prototype control arms. Even Brad mentioned himself that he was suprised that at didn't break more things on my car when he came out on the track with me so he knows how hard I used to push the car and that his stuff will hold pass the test of time.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Trans Fluids here is all you can read on fluids

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard